nVidia 51.75 Detonator Driver HERE !!!

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
I know thats what Im trying to say. Everyone acts like Nvidia sucks so bad. Its abut money. Valve didnt put effort into coding fo Nvidia.

You have proof of this?

I trust valve's word more than i trust yours.

Originally posted by crabcakes66
You have proof of this?

I trust valve's word more than i trust yours.

The bids were up to 8 million , Im just using logic. But I understand if you dont believe me. Valve has been a pretty good company. But I believe 8 million dollars could certainly make you think twice about being completely honest.

I can still only get 60-70fps in HL with my GeForce 4 ti4200 agp8.

I've heard that it was just a driver bug that you can get an unofficial fix for, but surely by now they'd fix the issue in their latest drivers? I'm gonna download it and see.

Originally posted by Chris_D
I can still only get 60-70fps in HL with my GeForce 4 ti4200 agp8.

I've heard that it was just a driver bug that you can get an unofficial fix for, but surely by now they'd fix the issue in their latest drivers? I'm gonna download it and see.

Chris.. wait till they come out officially. These are just leaks.

some of you are totally trashing nvidia...which...with the current situation is sort of understandable...

but...ati and nvidia are always fighting to produce better cards than the other...sometimes nvidia does it...sometimes ati does it...it's just a matter of time before nvidia comes up with a new line that's better and makes ati react again...it's the nature of competition

and right now nvidia is scrambling not to lose money by having everyone buy ati cards when hl2 comes out...it's an understandable business practice.

anyway...i like the competition...i've owned about 4 nvidia cards and 3 ati cards over the years...i'm always switching to whoever's best when i feel the need to buy a new card.

ati is winning for now. and i'd buy a 9800 pro if i had the money...
stop bashing nvidia...it's useless. they know they messed up and they'll hear you when you buy your ati card.

they're a good company...they'll bounce back

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
The bids were up to 8 million , Im just using logic. But I understand if you dont believe me. Valve has been a pretty good company. But I believe 8 million dollars could certainly make you think twice about being completely honest.

I dont dispute that its possible. I know valve is not infalable.

I still doubt thats the situtation though.

Originally posted by Snickerz
ATI Radeon 9800

ati_halo2.jpg

nVidia Geforce FX 5900 with 50'er dets

nv_halo2.jpg

hmm cant see any differences. but the ati pic is too bright and the nvidia pic too dark

Originally posted by asd
hmm cant see any differences. but the ati pic is too bright and the nvidia pic too dark
Look at the gun. The gun has the same brightness in both pics. This means the gamma settings are the same and the new drivers are just not outputting the lighting correctly.

Also, check out this story. I quote:

"After receiving some emails from Andrew (European PR Manager for nVidia), we decided to pull down the Detonator 51.75 driver because this driver is not ready to go and is absolutely not ready to be installed on any machine yet. Andrew doesnt know exactly where its coming from, but nVidia released this driver to some hard- and software firms just for testing purposes, since theyve changed some interesting things for the 50.xx driver series."

Nvidia themselves say the new drivers should not be used since there are still plenty of bugs, but just last week they said the same drivers should be used to benchmark HL2...

Back