Obsidian's next game is... a South Park RPG?

Wasn't expecting that shit. I wonder if I can have philosophical debates with Cartman.

But, apparently Obsidian isn't doing to writing, so why employ them? I'm not knocking Obsidian, just wondering "what was the rationale for choosing them".

I thought the same thing. They're getting shoehorned into some weird projects lately, first Dungeon Siege and now this. I mean, at least they wrote that.

They probably need cash infusions to compensate for their less than successful projects, a possible semi-desperate grab for money.

da f**k? They're supposed to be doing a Wheel of Time RPG.

Day one.

Oh no wait, it's Obsidian. In that case I'll wait for the game to be patched first.

TBH, it would actually play as a very good game. Stone and Parker have a very good idea with writing and having someone else try and write South Park just wouldn't work.

Gameplay wise, due to the amount of weird things that happen in any given SP episode, could be anything from Fantasy to Modern Shooter.

Gargantou said:
I want an Obsidian developed sequel to Arcanum!

This however would make the most perfect thing in all creation...

I think its gotta be a cash grab. Its clearly not their style of game, so it must be one they're doing just for the money. If I were running a company if be doing the same thing. Doing licensed work to party for self owned titles being worked on by another team.

^^Pretty much that, necessary projects to keep the company afloat while they pursue more interesting endeavors. I know Obsidian was working on an Xbox Live exclusive title, and they have other titles at varying stages in development, if I'm not mistaken.

For every Alpha Protocol, there needs to be a South Park Cash Cow to balance the books.

Well, they need money. I'm okay with it, as long as they make good games.

Awesome! Trey and Matt are over-seeing it themselves, I have faith.

If Matt and Trey can write a good Broadway musical on Mormonism I don't see why Obsidian can't make a good Southpark video game.

SP64 is awesome.

If Trey and Matt take this project seriously, this could be potentially good.

You know what, I'm still mystified by the choice of studio, but cash-in or not I can see this being decent with Trey and Matt on board. South Park has been a little uninspired lately, but with a production this big they'll probably bring their A material.

It'll be as half assed as the rest of their games.

Wait, wait...

-Parker has always preferred silent protagonists in RPG's, so the player’s character will be silent.

Okay they lost me again.

Back