Off to prison with you, evil spammer!

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4426949.stm

Not sure if this was posted or not. I did some searching, and couldn't find anything!

Hey. I personally support this decision. Prolific spammers like these should not be above the law.

I wonder how many people are gonna scream 'save the spammers, they don't deserve to get put in prison for this!'.

But then just think of the many hundreds of millions of spam e-mail this guy sends out...

People should sent him thousands of letters in prison offering things like running shoes, bay windows, open air swiming pools...heh

Farrowlesparrow said:
People should sent him thousands of letters in prison offering things like running shoes, bay windows, open air swiming pools...heh

HAHA! That would be sooo evil!

Am I the only one who thinks 9 years is a little harsh?

Sure, we all hate spam but this guy didn't really hurt anybody. He sent out a ton of mildly-annoying emails.

He shouldn't get 9 years for that.

DarkStar said:

Sure, we all hate spam but this guy didn't really hurt anybody. He sent out a ton of mildly-annoying emails.

I think it was fair. :sniper:

DarkStar said:

He *SHOULD* have gotten the death penalty. Only the most heinous criminals go there. Get my drift?

I don't think so. Email has a very important role in international commerce, and these guys *nearly* made it so noone could use email anymore - as well as putting tremendous strain on systems. Nah, bastards like him can go to jail forever I say, 9? Should be 90!

heh
i dont get any spam
and ive never gotten any in my life
except for like 1 or 2
It is believed that 70% of all emails are spam.
/me is teh 30%, yeah!

Raziaar said:
He *SHOULD* have gotten the death penalty. Only the most heinous criminals go there. Get my drift?

What a hilarious story that would make! :D

Everything that sells out is bad: bands, sport players, actors etc... When spammers sells out and do advertisements they should die! Sensible spam on forum or chat rooms is highly acceptable however, the rule of thumb is: don't sell out!

DarkStar said:

Erm, it's not only that:

By selling sham products and services advertised in his messages, he earned up to $750,000 (£398,000) per month

He sold products that didn't exist and got a lot of money for it.

Oh a different note, is "spamming" the correct word to use. I think "spamming" applies more to forums than the act of sending spam.

qckbeam said:
What a hilarious story that would make! :D

Prison Lunchroom.

Convict #1: What you in for?

Convict #2: Stole a couple TV's.

Convict #1: And you?

Convict #3: Armed Robbery. What's with all the questions man? How bout you tell us why you're in?

Convict #1: The murder and molestation of a couple kids at a playground.

<hushed silence>

Convict #2: Hey you, why don't you share a little with us as well? Why the **** are you in the joint?

Convict #4 sitting at the end of the table alone, slouched over his platter and eating his meal turns and says: I sent out hundreds of millions of unsolicited spam e-mails.

"Die mother****er!": Convict #3 rushes Convict #4 and stabs a shiv into his neck.

Heh. Hey, it could happen. Though the likelihood of rapist/child killers being less hated than a spammer is VERY unlikely. :LOL:

Back