Official CS:S Problem(s) Fixed Here:

tokin

Reaction score
Just as Kussie said. Exit Steam. Go to your steamapps folder>>email>>then delete your "Counter Strike Source Beta" folder. Load up Steam and join a server.

This should fix the following:
1) Stuck on "sending to clients"
2) Major Lag in servers/unplayable.
3) Crashes.

If your still having problems, try restarting your computer and doing those following steps again. Also join a server that you ping pretty low in (for some of you newbs) :thumbs:

Add

-console width 800 height 600 -fullscreen

to startup options or whatever it is.

tokin said:
Just as Kussie said. Exit Steam. Go to your steamapps folder>>email>>then delete your "Counter Strike Source Beta" folder. Load up Steam and join a server.

3) Crashes.

If your still having problems, try restarting your computer and doing those following steps again. Also join a server that you ping pretty low in (for some of you newbs) :thumbs:

should I do that? or do the -console thing? Advice quick plz

Conkorg said:
should I do that? or do the -console thing? Advice quick plz

Conkorg, what are your system specs?

erm any fix for the memory crap? or am i going to have to let my ass hang out in the wind untill valve fixes it?

If i delete the folder, wouldn't that make cs:source non-playable?

benson said:
Conkorg, what are your system specs?

Pentiun 4 3.2 ghz, Radeon 9800 128 Megs Pro, Direct X 9.0c, 1024 Ram, 52 CDRW, ASUS MotherBoard, Windows XP Home Edition.

I have the same memory issue then dumps to desktop.
ASUS P4C800 3.6 Intel / 1GB corsair / 6800 GT / latest driver for all & bios. I deleted the CS:S folder and I am redownloading, ill post if it fix's it.

This seems to be a minor setting that makes large problems.

Here is what I have found so far:

1. Forced the refresh rate control panel, dxdiag, and in registry
2. Forced the height and width in command line under advanced
3. Deleting local content, and all folder, subfolders and redownloaded twice

If I run with no extra agruements in the advanced settings of CS:Source properties, it gets to the splash screen with no text and kicks back to desktop

If I run in window mode only, I get the memory read error

If I run in window mode, and force the refresh and video settings, I get the Anlasing error.

So basically I can duplicate all three error dependent on what settings I put in the registry and advanced tab.....I've tried different variants of each with no sucess. Looks like Valve has their hands full in the morning. :naughty:

specs:
A64 3500+
1gig ram
X800Pro (CAT4.8)
Windows XP Pro SP1
DX9.0b

No, by deleting the folder you are telling steam to recreate from the GCF files. By the looks of it on some machines steam didn't update the game files automatically.

You delete the folder in SteamApps/<email>/Counter Strike Source/ not the GCF files

Hm wish i knew that a lil earlier, i just deleted all local game content and am redownloading it, should be done in about 15 minutes

****ing Anti Allasing i am still getting it after reinstalling my steam and reupdating CS:S I aslo added this to lunch options: -console width 800 height 600 -fullscreen now it lunches the game in full screen but I still get same error PLZ HELP! I tried start > run > dxdiag > more help > overdive > 60 > ok = dosent work

I have Pentium 4 3.2 ghz, 1024 ram, radeon 9800 pro 128 megs, 52 CDRW, Asus MotherBoard. HELP ME WHAT DO I DO!!!!

HELLPPP ARRRGHGHGHGH!!!

same here...

engine error.. I played for 5 minutes now it wont even boot up... wtf.

K, the solution worked, i was able to join a server and play for about 30 minutes. It crashed to the memory error after 30 minutes, instead of at joining like it used to.

If you crash to desktop with no error when launching CS:S, try this :-

Load CS1.6
Alt-tab out
Launch CS:S

ta-da!

The only downside is that the server browser doesn't work.

lol that sounds very stupid ^^ luckily i dont have that problem

tokin said:

3) Crashes.

Thanks dude that actually worked/

Dalamari said:
Add

-console width 800 height 600 -fullscreen

to startup options or whatever it is.

lol

dalamari did that actually work ??
if so then cool :)
glad to actually help for once

after playing for 2 hours i quit css, then i decide to pllay again, soon as i join the server crashes to desktop again. :-(

Their is a serious issue with server stability at the moment. Most ops, including myself, cannot keep a server up for more then a few moments. So if you do crash it might not be on your end. "In the next day or two" is the official response from Erik Johnson.

Pi Mu Rho said:

Load CS1.6
Alt-tab out

ta-da!

Huh. I was thinking this was the most bogus workaround I had ever seen. But it really works. Crashes as soon as I quit cs 1.6, though. So it does appear that it is the server browser that is the culprit as suggested elsewhere.

i keep getting a error about unable to init shader system any one know ??

ok i got it working again. after it crashes i just restart it again and it works. but i deleted my cliendregistry blob and restarted steam but i dont think tha fixed it cuz im sure it crashed when i loaded it up again, but when i ran it again after the crash it didnt crash. in fact im gonna run it again and see if it crashes again or if its fine.

Pi Mu Rho said:

Load CS1.6
Alt-tab out

ta-da!

that works, but as soon as i close CS 1.6, CS:S crashes.

Don't close 1.6 then.

shadowofanubis66 said:
Hm wish i knew that a lil earlier, i just deleted all local game content and am redownloading it, should be done in about 15 minutes

hehe, me to

deltron zero said:
I can't join any servers though.

start CS:S with -console

then you can type connect <IP address>

can any help me out or not ? with this stupid engine error i keep getting

saying unable to init shader system

deltron zero said:
yes cause I know that IP addresses of the servers I can't see

Ok, so just uninstall the beta and stop whining. I'm trying to help here. If you don't want me to, I'll happily stop.

could u help me withnthis prob couse i dont know wot it means?

Back