official doom 3 benchies

blackeye

Reaction score
Doom 3 benchies
Here ya go.

The x800 xt really disapoints me. But thats what you get when you run ATI on an onpenGL game. Im starting to think that the 6800's are a better card. Nearly identical in dx9 games and much faster in opengl. I dont even play with my resolution higher the 1024 because I dont really notice a difference. And got to love the extra FPS in farcry with 6800. To bad the 6800's are as expsensive as they are.

HOOOOOOOLYYYYY SHITTTTTTTTT

the x800xtpe got owned by nvidia in doom3, !!!!! no ****ing way, thats not a little difffference thats a lot of difference

your ****ing kidding right. 8 fps? your going holy shit over 8 fps? OMG I CAN ONLY PLAY DOOM 3, THE HIGHEST GRAPHICS ENGINE EVER CREATED, AT ONLY 70 FPS?? THE XT SUX OMGZORSZ

your ****ing kidding right. 8 fps? your going holy shit over 8 fps? OMG I CAN ONLY PLAY DOOM 3, THE HIGHEST GRAPHICS ENGINE EVER CREATED, AT ONLY 70 FPS?? THE XT SUX OMGZORSZ
Not just talking about doom 3 in particular.

doesnt matter what game it is. and if you pick other games, then its the opposite. the xt beats the 6800 in most cases by only a few fps.

"PLEASE! don't let that game suck." - Link

Hopefully they will release the benchmark results for the 'average' system within a week.

guinny, please no sarcastics here,

i konw what card does good in what,

and its more than 8fps take a close look, the gt version even beat the x800xtpe. by 4 fps or so on average. it was expected to do this, im not suprised, i mjust excited that what the community here predicted came out to be true

i bet hl2 is goona be the exact opposite of that review

im not sticking up for the xt per say, but its rediculous to blow up over OK OK TEN fps. not even the 9800 falls short of 50 fps, what the hell more could u ask for. the game is going to be beautiful either way. u can say the 6800 is better, but play it on either card, u wont notice a difference.

Not looking at doom 3 in particular but the 6800 gt seems to be a very impressive card. I didnt give it much attention ago when it first game out but now that I look at it more closely its starting to seem like a excellent budget option.

lol guinny the only one blowing up is you.

sounds good, i dont get 1 thng htough, is hte 50 fps in doom the same 50 fps in CS or something?

no ones blowing anything up, arnt u gues excited, ??? im to freagin happy. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I am with asus on this one.

"PLEASE dont let this game suck!" (pulse g4techtv - waitch it all the time)

(Asus are you happy with the performance of your 6800 gt?)

eh, it runs. ;)
Some issues at first but I think they will be cleared up.

why are the 6800's so exspensive. I would buy a 6800GT if it wasnt $624. Theres just no point if the X800 XT is $699. Hell the 6800 ultra is selling for $900 on some websites.

Anyways. After looking at the doom 3 benchies again. Why did they put in 4g of ram in the systems? Would we see a difference in performance after 1g. I noticed a lot of the higher end companies such as vodoo are sending out systems with 2g of ram for system reviews now.

blackeye said:
why are the 6800's so exspensive. I would buy a 6800GT if it wasnt $624. Theres just no point if the X800 XT is $699. Hell the 6800 ultra is selling for $900 on some websites.

Anyways. After looking at the doom 3 benchies again. Why did they put in 4g of ram in the systems? Would we see a difference in performance after 1g. I noticed a lot of the higher end companies such as vodoo are sending out systems with 2g of ram for system reviews now.

you cna get them for less than $450 at the places that have them...
http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=VC-PNY-005
http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/simprod.asp?pid=9075&ad=pwatch < instock $439

Guinny: In response to your posts: First. if 10fps isn't that big of a deal, then you can't say that the x800XT is a better card that the 6800U because I think they're much closer than 10fps in reviews.

second: I don't know about you, but the difference between 33 and 40 FPS is VERY noticeible to me (HardOCP 1600x1200 4xAA 8xAF) Those setttings are VERY nice, and 40fps with those settings would be definitly playable (for a sp game).

In all fairness, and considering that these are OpenGL benchmarks, the X800XT PE is doing a decent job. It isn't that far behind the competition and delivers the performance that can be expected from a $500 card.

IMO, the only card that shows a disappointing performance is the X800 pro.
21.5 fps with the X800 pro versus 36.3 fps with the 6800 GT is just crazy. I suspect a price drop for the X800 pro soon.

I would never buy an x800 pro.
I am actually considering getting a 6800gt instead of a x800 xt though. The 6800gt can be overclocked with out much effort to 6800 ultra speeds. And its got dx0.9c support and its only a couple FPS slower then the x800xt in d3d games when its clocked at 6800 ultra speeds.

If you read some of the Carmack quotes before the benchmarks, he says you might experience some troubles with overclocking so...

I also think that the X800 XT did great for an openGL game. Wait until HL2, I'm more than positive it will own the 6800U in most areas, especially AF. It is said that the 6800 Ultra was made to play Doom 3, so naturally it would perform a bit better than the XT. My prediction is that while a 6800 Ultra might run Doom 3 a little faster than the XT, you might be disssapointed later when you get HL2, because I guarantee the XT will run it faster than the 6800U.

I bought a X800 XT off of Gateway using the 10% off retail coupon that Asus gave me. So I got it for $450 and I'm waiting for it to show up any day now. These benchmarks make me giddy to run Doom 3 on high settings @ 1024 with ~70fps.

actually you wont be able to play doom 3 faster then 60fps. There is a lock from what i have heard. Supposably the developers didnt want people turning down graphical settings so they could get 120 FPS like they do in games like unreal. So they say you wont be able to play the game faster then 60 FPS. Im sure some people will find away around it but IMO theres not point to need FPS more then 60. I would rather have the graphical quality. (but usaully i cant tell the difference between medium and high resolutions)

I still think the 6800 GT is a great card though even if it is a bit slower in HL2. If I can overclock it to 6800 ultra speeds then I would be happy becuase it is nearly as fast as the X800 XT in most every other game. I dont really notice a difference anyways playing a game at 1600x1200. When I played halo at 800x600 it looked the exact same to me as 1024x768 and 1280x768. I would rather have the shadow details and water details all at high befor having a higher resolution. But regardless any card you buy now is going to run every game perfectly now days. But i still havent decided if i would get the 6800 gt or x800 xt. Im leaning toward the GT just partially because of DX9.0C support.

The benchmarks show scores above 60FPS. Link

There is just something about ATI's cards that I would rather buy an ATI unless the performance was quite a bit less. The quality and gameplay experience is just there. I noticed a difference playing my games when I switched from the 9800pro to 6800GT. I notice the image is different quality wise. The frame rates are higher but sometimes it dips too low and the image quality while in game can be noticably different, not in screenshots though.

There are plenty times where the X800XT PE would display great peformance in upcoming games. In some of the Farcry benchmarks it even is quite a few FPS above them all. Link Link
Although the 6800GT is at a good price/performance ratio.

To me, DX9.0c doesn't mean an advantage over ATI cards just an improvement for Nvidia products that support it. Nothing that should really alter my decision.

I know the benchmarks show that its above 60 FPS but im talking about in game. The ceo of ID software said that players would not be able to run the game above 60 FPS. They wanted players to experience the game and the details instead of just running it at 120 FPS. It was in a video interview I will find it if i can.

To me, DX9.0c doesn't mean an advantage over ATI cards just an improvement for Nvidia products that support it. Nothing that should really alter my decision.
If a game runs dx9.0c will the performance be the exact same on the x800 xt regardless? Or will it actually drop in performance? If x800 dont support 9.0c will it just run it in 9.0b?

Uh, where did you hear a 60fps lock? I haven't heard anything like that, unless you turn V-Sync on... I have seen all the info, and I haven't seen any of the id developers say anything about a fps cap. That's why people are buying cards like 6800's and X800 XT's. For both visuals and framerates. There is no way it will be capped at 60fps. If there is I want to see a link.

blackeye said:
I know the benchmarks show that its above 60 FPS but im talking about in game. The ceo of ID software said that players would not be able to run the game above 60 FPS. They wanted players to experience the game and the details instead of just running it at 120 FPS. It was in a video interview I will find it if i can.

I want to see this video interview. I think you misinterpreted something. Lol, do you even know who the ceo of id software is?

The new benchmarks actually say that you might be running a little slower than the demos, but still they said NOTHING about a 60fps cap. And I think it would have been mentioned in the new benchmarks...

Is someone talking about vertical sync or...? Because I am positive there is no 60fps cap.

The only video that old could have maybe been the OLD GeForce3 demo? From several years back, and if so they have changed it since then. My friend (yes, he is a pirate and it is bad) had the alpha and it ran above 60.

Ok I found the video. I dont understand why everyone wants to argue. So here is the video. Im just restating what I heard in the interview, and I dont know if its accurate or not. But if its coming from the CEO of ID I think its probably true.

Link
Go down to quakecon 2002 video.

Asus said:

There is just something about ATI's cards that I would rather buy an ATI unless the performance was quite a bit less. The quality and gameplay experience is just there. I noticed a difference playing my games when I switched from the 9800pro to 6800GT. I notice the image is different quality wise. The frame rates are higher but sometimes it dips too low and the image quality while in game can be noticably different, not in screenshots though.

There are plenty times where the X800XT PE would display great peformance in upcoming games. In some of the Farcry benchmarks it even is quite a few FPS above them all. Link Link

Hey i got an X800pro. You've got a 6800GT. Lets Swap! :E

Where do people get this 6800 is more expensive crap?

Because I live in canada and the cheapest 6800GT i can find is 624. The cheapest X800 XT I can find is 699 and the cheapest 6800 ultra I can find is 819. Cheapest X800 pro I can find is 579. We dont have newegg and im not paying $200 to ship something to canada from zipzoomfly.

X800 (579) / 6800GT (624)
X800XT (699) /6800 Ultra (819)

Look at the prices. Which one is more exspensive. If someone can find me a 6800 card that is cheaper then that I will buy one for you too. JJ

We dont all live in England!

Newegg is one of the few websites that sells the 6800GT for cheaper prices then the X800 PRO. Generally speaking though the 6800 series is selling for higher prices then the X800's to nearly every website you go.

Read this.Link
I havent seen any X800 XT's going for $800 but I have seen 6800's

They are more expensive now because they aren't in stock anywhere. Wait a few weeks, more cards will be manufactured, and the prices will drop. Check ATI's and Nvidia's websites, and look for the retail price. Retail for an XT in the states is $500.

And I haven't seen that QuakeCon2002 video, but I severly doubt the fps will be locked at 60. For one that video was from two years ago, and the new benchmarks show otherwise. I would be heartbroken if it was locked at 60, lol.

well having a bencmark that is locked at 60 FPS would be useless. That defeats the whole perpose of a benchmark. But in game it might me locked at 60 FPS. Im sure a lot has changed in the past 2 years. I guess we wil find out on august 3rd.

Asus said:

Hmmm..those benchmarks contradict the ones I have seen from tomshardware..seems that link you have is one that seems to explain all of the cards running SM 3.0 ..we both know ATI doesn't even support it...

Check these out..they show that when SM3.0 is running the 6800GT sometimes is at the heels or even surpassing ATI's flagship card running SM2.0

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040705/farcry-05.html#level_research

The x800 series dont use FULL Trilinear Filtering so I would have thought the Nvidia has better image quality. But its probably personal preferance.

Seems ATI made a mistake on the X800 Pro by not giving the card 16 texture pipelines instead of 12..it takes an ass whooping in most of those benchmarks from the 6800GT..

Back