*** Official Ending Poll. Like It Or Hate It? ***

Did you like or hate the ending (final story stuff, not the action) of Half-Life 2

• I LIKED IT!!

Votes: 119 78.8%
  • I HATED IT!!

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • I'd like to know why people think putting official in the title makes it any more so. Thanks.

Votes: 19 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yes i loved the ending, one of the best i've seen in a game

I thought it was brilliant.

Reminded me of Terry Pratchett's character Death's finger-snapping trick.

Asus said:
It reminds me of the Star Wars trilogy a lot. The first movie was a low budget film, yet it was very good and original. The second movie expanded with a lot better special effects and a good focus on Characters.

And in the third one, we'll get ewoks! :D

But really, it was the best way of saying "to be continued" I've ever encountered.
The question is more wether you like the idea of it being continued later or not. It's clear that we'll get expansions and a sequel to fill in the rest. The only thing that's really not explained is what the g-man's up to. But they didn't say that in HL1 either.

Basically, they provided no more or less plot details than HL1 had. However, HL2 has concepts that are much less familiar and archetypal.

I knew it was going to be a mediocre ending because of all the topics I read beforehand.

I can't say it was a great ending, but it should have left some consolation between Gordan and the G-Man. Instead, it brings back an entire new story that doesn't make any sense from the original.

It's just an opinion.

I thought it was pretty damn cool, left room for a sequel which means we will get another great game, left a lot of questions to be answered though which sucks (dear god there better not be delay issues with HL3 since we have to wait for so long)

Iced_Eagle said:
I thought it was pretty damn cool, left room for a sequel which means we will get another great game, left a lot of questions to be answered though which sucks (dear god there better not be delay issues with HL3 since we have to wait for so long)

Odds are that there are going to be delay issues.
HL1 was delayed just as much as HL2 and in the next 6 years HL3 will probably be delayed just as much...

Cyphersphere said:
HL1 was delayed just as much as HL2 and in the next 6 years HL3 will probably be delayed just as much...

This is my problem with it I really enjoyed the game but then you finish it and think what next at which point it occurs to you SH*T I am going to have to wait till something like 2010 to find out!!! ;(

Those expansion packs better come along soon and be damn good to keep me going... just think about it 6 bloody years till we find out what happens I will be in my 30's by then (scary thought)

Oh the ending was good but I just wished that the ending was you know later, came up too quick in my opinion and the game never really answered anything either.

Cyphersphere said:
Things have improved since then.. Back with HL1, it was really the first time out for most of them at Valve, learning as they went along, second time it was better planned out, just lots of things went wrong still (which happens all the time in game development, the difference is Valve was more open to the user base than most companies are) But this time they planned for two, back with HL1 it was probably more a case of just do one game, not really thinking of the storyline, that was built up and fleshed out properly afterwards.

So this time, Valve planned for HL2 and HL3, yeah things went wrong, parts were taken out, but like I say, check any games company and you'll find thats par for the course. This time they've got a more advanced engine, and depending on the storyline of HL3 they've probably got a good percentage of the resources they need. It's also likely they've recorded all the dialogue already to save time. So HL3 is unlikely to take as long this time.

Mitch2891 said:
This is my problem with it I really enjoyed the game but then you finish it and think what next at which point it occurs to you SH*T I am going to have to wait till something like 2010 to find out!!! ;(

Those expansion packs better come along soon and be damn good to keep me going... just think about it 6 bloody years till we find out what happens I will be in my 30's by then (scary thought)

Oh the ending was good but I just wished that the ending was you know later, came up too quick in my opinion and the game never really answered anything either.

Hmm.... Late 20's for me..... Well at least we can say that we've literally live through the series. :D

For Darkelf, Yes, you may be right about that... But with most game releases things usually do go wrong.... it does seem like valve has a system in place. They just can't hype HL3 too early like what happened with HL2...

Back