Official Site Update

7hoR

Reaction score
I was wondering why the official Half-Life 2 site (www.Half-Life2.com) hasn't updated that it has gone gold under news. They are obviously on the site, considering they did finally update the RP to a M rating logo at the bottom of the site.

I heard that the Valve team are away on holiday for two weeks, and will be back for the time Hl2 comes out from a steampowered mod.

G-Uni7 said:
I heard that the Valve team are away on holiday for two weeks, and will be back for the time Hl2 comes out from a steampowered mod.

Where did you hear this from?

G-Uni7 said:

yeah... so if theres a problem with the steam network (preloading, purchasing, unlocking, accounts etc...) then there monkeys can quickly work out any floors.

(spot the sarcasm)

Luckily, I'm not a moron like you are, so I spotted the sarcasm fairly quickly. I'm repeating what a Steampowered Mod said on the forums. Do I know 100% if it's true? No. Do I frankly care? Not one bit.

Oh, and if the valve team are on holiday, there's seperate people who work on how steam works.. not just the valve developers team (I'm guessin).

You know, you would think there website is there first priority.. I mean really.. lol...
Valve don't care about there website to much..i mean cmon it's not really that important. I mean they they don't even have a news page at www.valvesoftware.com, and if you really beleive something because it isn't up on there website..then i guess you don't believe hl2 is even being made.
http://www.valvesoftware.com/projects.php
Valve could care less than if there websites are up to date, they would rather fix bugs, work on a game, prepare for there next game, party, vacation, etc..

I asked them some time, or somebody else did and my memory is twitching, why hl2 isn't even on the projects page, adn they said they don't take the website too seriously, and rather work on their products :p

Mihn le is not on there people page and cliffe is :)
I guess the guy who updates the site has his own will ? ;)

I remember Gabe saying a while back that he doesnt put much effort into websites, hed rather let the community cover it.

It's all driven by RSS. There has been no information directly related to HL2 (Besides it going Gold) that needs to be displayed.

Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet, but my guess is Valve doesn't want to draw any attention to the retail version of the game.

They would rather sell it on Steam.

ps: Are there still going to be the three verions of the box as there has been all along?

G-man, Alyx, and Gordon?

Are you talking about the news section at half-life2.com? Looks updated to me.

Petabyte said:
Are you talking about the news section at half-life2.com? Looks updated to me.

Well, NOW it is updated.

eLGee said:
Well, NOW it is updated.
If I had 10 dollars, I'd bet them on that they had forgotten about it and saw this thread and went "WHOOPS! LOL @ US OMG!" ;)

That's awesome, I didn't know 98% was the highest rating in PC Gamer's history. :D

so.. has anyone said anything about this 'suprise' yet , or are we still waiting for that. :/

iamaelephant said:
There is no supprise. I would stake my shoes on it.
That's what I've been saying all along. Wouldn't that be one hell of a surprise? :E

Back