*Official* STOP bashing vivendi thread

dream431ca said:
UMMM...PLAY THE GAME EARLY YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID!!!! Emphasis on the EARLY!!
I didn't say that because it's irrelevant.

There are paying customers who have the game and are unable to play it because of the French ****heads at Vivendi.

Vivendi is screwing Valve and the retailers by not letting the game go after the date was broken. Thousands of pissed-off customers are going after Valve/retailers because the game they bought isn't working and there was NOTHING in the box, display, or advertising to suggest that that was the case. It's a big-ass bait and switch.

Vivendi wants two more days of people buying in-store instead of Steam, no matter who they have to piss off in the process.

And let's not bring up the contract anymore. It's not Valve's fault.

I can understand the publisher funding a project and then getting the majority of the cash of each sale to make the money they invested back.... However Vivendi contributed NOTHING WHATSOEVER to halflife 2, how the hell can they lay claim to a majority of the profits? They invested NOTHING and want all the returns....

And now you don't want us to bash them?

Gabe sunk millions into this, he should be the one making millions to compensate...

Mountain Man said:

There are paying customers who have the game and are unable to play it because of the French ****heads at Vivendi.

It was valve who put the online activation bullshit in it in the first place, if they hadn't done that and give a punch the balls to non-internet gamers, this wouldn't be an issue.

Pull your heads out of your asses and look at all sides. You kids are pathetic.

Revenge said:
I can understand the publisher funding a project and then getting the majority of the cash of each sale to make the money they invested back.... However Vivendi contributed NOTHING WHATSOEVER to halflife 2, how the hell can they lay claim to a majority of the profits? They invested NOTHING and want all the returns....

And now you don't want us to bash them?

Gabe sunk millions into this, he should be the one making millions to compensate...

Of cource they are contributing to Half-life 2 you ****ing idiot. Who do you think is shipping millions and millions of copies out to stores everywhere that consists of the bulk of sales of the game?

When Valve turns into their own publisher (which they will), then they won't need vivendi.

edit: If it weren't for these big bad publishers you kids hate so much, there would be no half-life 2 today. There would be no half-life as well. *gasp*
The funny thing is, that I doubt any of you realize, is that Valve is heading into the direction of one of these big corporate machines. Just keep feeding the monster, then it becomes another scum-sucking developer/publisher giant like Activision or Interplay.

But of course, Valve only wants to please the fans though right?

$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$

Mountain Man said:

lets say someone steals a car, and sells it to you, you bought the car, but the theif never had the right to sell it to you, right?

is it the oringinal owners fault that you now wasted lots of money on a car?

its just gonna make casual gamers hate steam. that's the best result for vivendi, thats why they arent going to unlock it until they absolutely have to. to rally haters.

im sure that 1/5 casual gamers who buy the game and didnt know about steam being necessary arent going to be happy about it

edit: if vivendi is sooooo greedy by wanting money for distributing hl2 (imagine that, a cost for shipping and production) then why did valve sign the contract. nobody forced them to.

Wesisapie said:
its just gonna make casual gamers hate steam. that's the best result for vivendi, thats why they arent going to unlock it until they absolutely have to. to rally haters.

im sure that 1/5 casual gamers who buy the game and didnt know about steam being necessary arent going to be happy about it

edit: if vivendi is sooooo greedy by wanting money for distributing hl2 (imagine that, a cost for shipping and production) then why did valve sign the contract. nobody forced them to.

It's two days away (business days), there's no reason whatsoever to unlock the lock valve put on it for a small percent.

Reaperman said:
lets say someone steals a car, and sells it to you, you bought the car, but the theif never had the right to sell it to you, right?

is it the oringinal owners fault that you now wasted lots of money on a car?

Uh what kind of reasoning is that. It should read like this. Someone sells you a car. You spend lots of money on a car, you go to drive it and find that the keys are not in it. The person who has the keys will mail them to you on tuesday the 16th of november. In which time you have a car that you paid for but can't drive it for a couple of days. Jeez.
That is a good point. There are probably soo many people out there in the dark who do not have a clue that you need to activate it online to unlock it too play. Boy are they going to be surprised and yes this might make them hate steam but the reasoning behind it won't make them like VUG any better because any steam game will have to be authorized. Theres nothing the publisher can do about it.

i hope vivendi and all the corporate yuppie ****** cocksuckers in it burn to the mutha****in ground

Not only is Vivendi gay (french alors), they don't even know how to treat communities, they rush games (WoW), they are corporate, they are a shareholder-profit-yuppie-mofo-stinking-fag company that has no clue how to handle nerds that crash community forums because their favorite game is about to be released.

They suck.

Actually I dont give a shit about Vivendi, Valve want to release HL2 now to all the customers who have bought it, but those French Bastards Vivendi claim that the 1000's of people who bought retail, havnt got the game, I say we boycott Vivendi, buy on Steam

Can some people just get over the fact that they have to wait a couple of days?

For gods sake, loads of people who buy retail DON'T HAVE THE GAME YET! So if valve want a worldwide release they HAVE TO wait until stores actually SHIP the game? Got it?

and YES, i AM pissed that i DON'T have HALF LIFE 2 yet. :)

Even 3D Realms are bashing them :D Maybe there's some hope for those guys after all ;)

VodkA-HLC- said:
Yeah but mine is a prime example of buying the game early retail.

no, my point is better..

Best buy (or whoever) had no right to sell you the game, so dont complain, your basically (not litterally) complaining over stolen goods...

Dowie said:
Actually I dont give a shit about Vivendi, Valve want to release HL2 now to all the customers who have bought it, but those French Bastards Vivendi claim that the 1000's of people who bought retail, havnt got the game, I say we boycott Vivendi, buy on Steam

Ok kids...why do you believe buying of steam will get vivendi no money....read the Half-life 2 story on gamespot and see for yourself. Valve gets 35% of each game and vivendi gets 65% percent of each game...AS LONG AS IT SAYS VIVENDI UNIVERSAL when you start the game....vivendi gets 65%....because their name is on the game. You guys have no idea how steam works do you?

Isn't that only with retail? If I recall correctly buying off Steam gives Valve 100% of the money or around that.

Dark Auro said:
Isn't that only with retail? If I recall correctly buying off Steam gives Valve 100% of the money or around that.

Yes it does, i'm pretty sure.

hey my posts keep getting deleted by the forum nazis.. I thought this was a uk server not a german server...

dream431ca said:
Ok kids...why do you believe buying of steam will get vivendi no money....read the Half-life 2 story on gamespot and see for yourself. Valve gets 35% of each game and vivendi gets 65% percent of each game...AS LONG AS IT SAYS VIVENDI UNIVERSAL when you start the game....vivendi gets 65%....because their name is on the game. You guys have no idea how steam works do you?

I do know that they get some money from it, but not nearly as much as retail :LOL: After reading the Final Hours of Half life 2 , I was disgusted that Valve only make $9 out of each retail copy at $50-60 in Cost, but in Steam they make around $30+

Thats why I got Half Life 2 on Steam

Back