Ok I'm confused of the hl2 stress test

urseus said:
By not releasing last year on time they lost the wow factor. Instead of being the biggest and most impressive game release in history, HL2 is just another good game that is coming out this year.

Then why the hell are you still here bitching and moaning about its release? If it's nothing special then feck off and leave us to revel in its glory.

Revel seems to be all that we do though. We download binks and screenshots and clammer for any information about the game. The hunt for HL2 related information seems to be the game itself.

Serp, it says that my fsb is 512....

You're looking at your ram, not fsb.

Anyway, I'm just saying that your CPU is not really as good as a modern 3ghz, maybe as good as a P4 2.6-2.8. Which would in theory be as good as a Athlon64 2500+ (doesn't exist).

An athlon64 3200+ or better would be a big upgrade.

urseus said:
I sure am. Then, after submitting a bug report, the bug is corrected and half an hour later it is patched.

How simple is that? Frankly, id say thousands of players playing and submitting bug reports would give you a better indication of problems than a few kids who come in to play it.

From what i understand, most of the content was reasonably finished a long time ago, and they were mostly changing the MP content so that the cheats who got the leak couldnt get a head start. Jesus christ. The second that they become aware of a hack, they can patch and update it that day. All the hard work of some hacker spending days on a cheat is for nothing, because valve can update the game in half an hour.

By not releasing last year on time they lost the wow factor. Instead of being the biggest and most impressive game release in history, HL2 is just another good game that is coming out this year.

bugs being fixed in half n hour? Cheats and hacks being patched the same day. My god man you have no idea about coding do you?

anyone else with a 9600 XT getting and average 47 fps?

at: 1024 x 768 no AA, no AF..

just checking :)

Yeah about 50 fp/s in game and 40 in the stress test with reflect all on (add about 10 to that with the default reflect world activated).

I am not taking the stress test seriouly. It came with a beta. When I finally get Half-life 2 in my Hard drive....then that will be my stress test.

A2597 said:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+

ASUS K8V Deluxe

1GB OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum Rev2

That is their setup...I think that explains much. :D

Exactly, the processor kind of helped your card perform well. You can trust them but you missed their compspecs, fool.

Nex321 said:
Allright, I'm the one that laughed at my system for getting such a low fps in the test.

I have:

9700 non PRO (OCed to 315 core and 300 memory, almost the same as PRO)
3.06 Ghz
512 Mb RAM

With that system I got 21.5 with highest settings with 4 AA and 8 AF and Reflect World. Now I finally found a benchmark that has the same card as I have(well almost). Here's the site: http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/half-life2_vst/page8.asp

They're claiming that they got 44 fps at the same setting as I used. May I ask did I miss something?? Can anyone explain me this? Now this is not a such a big deal because I'm getting x800 xt soon but the question is can I trust those scores that it got from x800 xt?

With a 9700np default, 2.53 p4 533, and 512 of ram at highest settings and 4xaa and 16xaf i got 22.2 fps... Something is wrong with your system

This is more of a Hardware & Software thread now.

*Moved*

I'm still waiting.

Do you masters find my comp midrange?

5900xt, 1gig pc2700, A64 3000

Back