Ok this is annoying now, how big is the folder supposed to be?

MilkMan12

Reaction score
Ok guys this is really f'ed up now. Ive been searching through threads and see so many different things now, some people say they have 3.5 gigs in the steamapps folder and I have 4.28, what the hell lol? Is something wrong with mine or theres? If someone can tell me how to attach a picture I will ( whenever i click manage attachments nothing happens.) Also, do I have the right files in the folder? I have base source shared materials.gcf, base source shared models.gcf, base source shared sounds.gcf, base source shared.gcf, counter-strike source base content.gcf, counter-strike source shared content.gcf, half-life 2 base content.gcf, platform.gcf.

my steamapps folder is 7.5 gigs. I have everything downloaded. I havent bought a package so i dnot know if CSS is preloaded or what, im assuming the Beta is still on there just not replaced/deleted by buying a package.

Lol, mine is 7.65Gb.. there's nothing wrong wit your steamapps, nor anyone who has less/more. As long as you've preloaded Hl2, then you have all the necessary files (well all that have been released).

i have 4.24 with hl2 and cs:s files only.
you probably have codename: gordon as well :)

i have a steam folder with the size of 7.5 GB, i got every game valve has released downloaded and/or pre-loaded. no third party games.

I've got around 7.5 gigs. Half-Life 2, CS:S, Half-Life, and a couple of mods.

Mine weighs in at a hefty 9.28GB. That's with the GCFs, and the game folders.

its ok to delete CS beta folder in steamapp? it weighs 52MB and i'm very cheap on space :p

Well i have 7.65gb, a hell of a lot smaller than when i was on WON, when i had about 15gigs with the mad amount of third party mods...

6.19 here, just about to start pre-loading HL2 too so :)

i'd class something like 3 gig left to be a worry stage, 52meg geez, how do you work with that :p

6.79gb, hl2 preload, cs:s, cs, and a million demo files from my CAL matches.

Back