ok what the hell

B

boedy

hi everyone. this is my problem --> in xsi i made a model for hl2. i allready want to see how it looks ingame. but results were weird. look at the screenshots. one is made in xsi, the other in model viewer. this realy sucks. please somebody help me!!

Attachments

• prullenbak1.jpg
    prullenbak1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 265
  • prullenbak2.jpg
    prullenbak2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 240
<sarcasm>hmm i wonder who will help this person oh it cant be me because im not a valued member of the forums.</sarcasm>

what is the model btw. a bin? it looks to me like your meshes are seperate. you need to be exporting one single mesh. so select them all and go to create>polymesh>mergeand move the slidey thing down to zero and also select to merge all attributes so that you dont lose your texture and uv coordinates.

<Sarcasm> wow you managed to find one whole thing that max is slightly better at than xsi. im impressed</sarcasm>

:D

ok next problem, i know compiled the model and i already have it my map, but when i compile my map i cant see it ingame. its just empty

theres probally a leak in your map. or maybe your adding it as something its not like theres lots of types of props. did you have $staticprop in your qc file?

leaks in your map don't stop models from showing up.
Oh, and quit the stupid bickering.

theres no bickering here and yes leaks in the map can stop models showing up correctly.

Oh really? Care to explain how?

i dont know the technical reasons for why this happens.

this is my qc file

$modelname "buiten\prullenbak.mdl"
$cdmaterials "buiten\"

$scale 1
$surfaceprop "metal"

$body studio "prullenbak1_ref.smd"

$sequence idle "prullenbak1_idle.smd" fps 1

$collisionmodel "prullenbak1_phys.smd" {
$mass 20
$concave
}

and i have this ass compile log

Working on "prullenbak.qc"
SMD MODEL prullenbak1_ref.smd
SMD MODEL prullenbak1_idle.smd
SMD MODEL prullenbak1_phys.smd
Model has 2 convex sub-parts
Collision model completed.
---------------------
writing d:\games\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\models/buiten\prullenbak.mdl:
bones 708 bytes (1)
animations 116 bytes (1 anims) (1 frames) [0:01]
sequences 220 bytes (1 seq)
ik/pose 164 bytes
eyeballs 0 bytes (0 eyeballs)
flexes 0 bytes (0 flexes)
textures 72 bytes
keyvalues 0 bytes
Collision model volume 6068.87 in^3
collision 0 bytes
total 1456
---------------------
writing d:\games\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\models/buiten\prullenbak.vvd:
vertices 15648 bytes (326 vertices)
tangents 5216 bytes (326 vertices)
total 20928 bytes
---------------------
Generating optimized mesh "d:\games\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\models/buiten\prullenbak.sw.vtx":
body parts: 8 bytes
models: 20 bytes
model LODs: 12 bytes
meshes: 9 bytes
strip groups: 25 bytes
strips: 27 bytes
verts: 2934 bytes
indices: 1752 bytes
bone changes: 8 bytes
everything: 4819 bytes
---------------------
Generating optimized mesh "d:\games\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\models/buiten\prullenbak.dx80.vtx":
bone changes: 16 bytes
everything: 4827 bytes
---------------------
Generating optimized mesh "d:\games\steam\steamapps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\models/buiten\prullenbak.dx90.vtx":
bone changes: 16 bytes
everything: 4827 bytes

Completed "prullenbak.qc"
Memory leak: mempool blocks left in memory: 48

hmm is this the problem?

what prop are you opening it in. try opening it as a propphysics and if not try putting $staticprop in your qc file and opening it as a propstatic.

crackhead said:
i dont know the technical reasons for why this happens.

That's because it doesn't.

Let's see. On the one hand we have back and forth arguing over who's 3D application is better, surrounded by psuedo-sarcasm tags. On the other hand, we have one person making a factual claim and another person disagreeing with it.
The first example is bickering. The second one isn't. If you don't have anything useful to say (or if what you say is just plain wrong), then say nothing.

it worked:D, well here. my second model :). it's a garbage bin in holland.

1139261254_1_FT0_prullenbak.jpg

I'm afraid that it is.

NIce model, boedy.

hey PI mate we were just joking im sorry if it looked like bickering . me and crackhead have a bit of a love hate thing going on with xsi and max.
btw nice model do you have reference pics ? . are you planning on texturing it ? if so it would be nice to see a reference so that we can help you out along the way.

plenty of times ive placed a prop and it hasnt shown up then ive found there was a leak. fixed it and the prop has shown up.

Well, it's certainly not something that I've ever experienced, seen, heard of or read about. The only times that I've ever known models to not show up is if the model is bad, or the wrong prop type is used. I can't see any technical reason why a leak would affect the visibility of props.

and this has happend with valve made props using the correct prop type.

It's still not something that I've ever experienced, seen, heard of or read about.

Back