Okay, seriously. What did ATI deem so important to need our name/email/graphics card?

omlette

Reaction score
And make a flash banner about HL2 on their site? The other topics discussing this just... died, but seriously, it mentions NOTHING about what you are registering for... what could it be? A demo, as I speculated earlier? :bounce:

Survey perharps...

By the way it says "be the first to experience the game of the year..." so a good guess would be HL2 full game.

For the last time, it notifies you of the RELEASE DATE OF 9800 XT...

It could be a competition (Get invited to Alcatraz or win a copy of Half-Life 2).

Or, the most absurd suggestion, Half-Life 2 Demo.

Originally posted by BlumenKohl
For the last time, it notifies you of the RELEASE DATE OF 9800 XT...

I would say too, if it didn't say this "Be one of the first to play the Game of the Year".

"Be one of the first to play the Game of the Year".

It's just a slogan. Because Half Life 2 is bundled with their new card, if you buy their new card you can be one of the first to play.

At the end it says at the speed of a Radeon.

They've done this for every product release. They had it for another game that was bundled with one of the older cards...

[edit]Hit enter prematurely[/edit]

Really?
Damn.

Oh well, it will still be nice to get ATi e-mails, I suppose.

Anyone know how to get into the showcase on Alcatraz? I happen to live about 20 miles from San Francisco and would glad take a day of work (and brave the Bay bridge traffic) to go to that.

I don't think they can risk playing that bluff if it isn't at the least the game bundled with the card.

But if they say 'soon', then that means that 'soon', they'll have something very playable in their hands.

And if ATI can claim something this far....perhaps this is further evidence that Valve has made more progress than most believed for their release (*cough Fragmaster *cough).

Originally posted by ImportLightning
Anyone know how to get into the showcase on Alcatraz? I happen to live about 20 miles from San Francisco and would glad take a day of work (and brave the Bay bridge traffic) to go to that.

Email Valve and ask before anyone else.

I myself plan on swimming over to that Island that Alcatraz in on and crash that party!

Originally posted by DizConnected
I myself plan on swimming over to that Island that Alcatraz in on and crash that party!

Dude! Like totally assault that fat island! Come in on a chopper and rappel down through the roof wit guns a blazin! It'll be da shit! Take Gabe hostage and demand a XT/HL2 bundle.

If they released a special demo to select people it'd be played on the net by everyone within hours.

I seriously doubt there would be a demo. Prolly just gonna be the single player only version.

Back