old sketches and drawings

Vahn

Reaction score
I was looking trough my old sketchbooks and drawings form the last 5 years and decided to post some :)

Here this are hand sketches from my very first sketchbook, i started in winter 99 :

sketchbook.png

sketchbook3.png

sketchbook4.png

old6.png

old5.png

I often sat in a cafe during free classes and drew from magazines :

sketchbook2.png

This i made in Art class in school:

Fruits.jpg

This is a drawing im really proud of ( the only one so far ) ...
Its A3 format so i had to split it up in 2 ...
I only erased some of the background in Photoshop so it would be more interesting :)

left side:

pica1.jpg

right side:

pica2.jpg

:angel:

And here some character designs :

My dream is to draw a good comic sometimes and i drew pages of pages of heads .... then i cut out the faces i liked most and started to work them out...give them a body etc...

FFaces.jpg

gal.jpg

maid.png

Im still working on my skills before i start doing a comic...

Some of that stuff is very, very good.

However, if you want to go the hardcore way you should get lots and lots of references of the skeleton and human anatomy, get books and reference and stuff.
For the internet, fineart.sk is a good area to start at.
Get lots and lots of books on the subject, and gather alot of photos and stuff on human beings to learn natural poses and how the muscles react, etc etc.

And in my personal opinion, your realistic style work is by far more impressive than the manga stuff in your latest post. :) You should focus on more realistic style of comics, with superheroes and stuff, or a very sketchy and dark kind of comics, like Greg Ruth.

omg! What is Harry doing to Hermoine!?

:p

I really like them especially the last set :)

And in my personal opinion, your realistic style work is by far more impressive than the manga stuff in your latest post. You should focus on more realistic style of comics, with superheroes and stuff, or a very sketchy and dark kind of comics, like Greg Ruth.

hehe thx m8....
What regards comics i dont really like the realistic styles...I like it very simple and clean and funny :)
E.g. I love the Manga Dragonball ( note : not the damn TV show ) by Akira Toryama and i love Bone from Jeff Smith. Those are very clean and funny and even poetic black and white styles i really really love :D

But its true that a dark/sketchy style would be easier for me because i am drawing very fast, sketchy and dark.... but Im working on the stuff now i dont have much skill at .

Good thing i discovered the computer as Art tool in the last month. I really like the homogen( <--- that right ? ) coloring u can do with painter or ps :)

I'm liking the picture of Picasso, even though it looks like a caricature (still obvious who it is though, even without the painting in the foreground).

Bit pointless giving crits due to the age so I'll just say nice one :)

Hearting it!! It all looks pretty nice the manga could use a little work.

those are very nice :)

would you ever sketch ideas and thoughts for a mod?

dassbaba said:
those are very nice :)

would you ever sketch ideas and thoughts for a mod?

Give it a rest Dassbabeh :S

hehe ... I would if the mod is interesting :naughty:

Back