On your mark... get set... restart!

Staying up late to activate HL2 tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Ragingsamster

Will you be up at Midnight (or later for those east of the west coast) restarting Steam at midnight so you can activate HalfLife2?

I will have my login type password in and press enter right when it hits 3 am east. Just like i did with Cs:s :)

Because I'll be playing it once I get home from school.

I am on the west coast, so I will just stay up and play for 30 minutes (or most likely 60-90) and then go to sleep.

I will only be doing it some 5 to 7 hours after the release.

Ragingsamster said:
Will you be up at Midnight (or later for those east of the west coast) restarting Steam at midnight so you can activate HalfLife2?

isn't that assuming Valve would unlock it at midnight PST?
i mean what if they have decided to unlock it the day of.. at noon PST? we don't really know when its getting unlocked, right?

Yeah thats one thing I've been confused about too... I don't remember them saying they would release it at midnight.... but I guess it makes sense because the retailers could start selling it at midnight...

comes out 4am here so i'll just go to bed at 8/9pm tonight and wake up at 4. i have school so hopefully 3 hours will do me for the day

ryudom said:
comes out 4am here so i'll just go to bed at 8/9pm tonight and wake up at 4. i have school so hopefully 3 hours will do me for the day

Haha same time for me, But I'm getting up at 7, Making coffee and letting the frags roll

Reaperman said:
12am isnt late, 3AM is...

Ya no kidding, and I have class at 9 the next morning :eek: This has been the first time in a long time that I wish I wasn't on the East coast.

Yes, I'll be up mouse button at the ready

Well (looks in a mirror) I DEFINITELY need the beauty sleep, but I will be there at 12am pst (I am in oregon, so I can calculate my release time easily :LOL: ), waiting for the unlock. I have the next 2 days off to play too!!

Comes out 9.00 AM here. I'm glad I can take a nap :)

I get it at 9:00 AM so it's very perfect for me. Altough I think I will have trouble sleeping tonight. =)

MajorPayne said:
Well (looks in a mirror) I DEFINITELY need the beauty sleep, but I will be there at 12am pst (I am in oregon, so I can calculate my release time easily :LOL: ), waiting for the unlock. I have the next 2 days off to play too!!

Same here..only I'm in Bellevue, WA. :D

Oh, and yes, as you can see I too need beauty sleep.
jabba.jpg

I will be napping when I get home from work tonight, then wake up and activate, maybe play for an hour or so then back to bed, gotta get up for work at 5:00am on Tuesday.

You steam people should realise that STEAM will crash right? Everyone trying to activate HL2 at the same time. If you were part of WOW open beta then you would have an understanding of what's going on.

I bet you they will crash in the first 2 hours. It's nice to run to the store and grab your copy but I don't plan on being able to play right away! PREPARE for the worst people.

EXAMS! get up at 630 - play HL2 until 800 goto school till 1030 get home and play some good ol hl2 for the next lets say 12 houes :D
oldfaq

I wonder if Steam is going to be swamped like it was during the CS:S release? It might not just because it may be too late for most gamers.

I'm not sure yet. I might activate at 3:00, might wait until 9:00 the next morning. I don't have class until 12:30 the next morning.

Dr. Freeman said:
isn't that assuming Valve would unlock it at midnight PST?
i mean what if they have decided to unlock it the day of.. at noon PST? we don't really know when its getting unlocked, right?
Bluechair said:
Yeah thats one thing I've been confused about too... I don't remember them saying they would release it at midnight.... but I guess it makes sense because the retailers could start selling it at midnight...
Link

I would stay up if I actually had the game...I expect it in the mail tomorrow, which is sooner here than in the US btw ;)

No, I need my beauty sleep, LOL

cause I am getting it 2moro :)

yay for europeans! sleep and then play :O

I'll sleep from 10 to 3am....thats five hours...I've gotten by on less then that...now, where are my GOOD headphones..

I've been contemplating whether or not I should stay up to just play a few minutes of it, but I'm on the east coast, so 3:00 am...damn, we'll have to see. It'll really depend on how tired I am. I mean, last night I really couldn't go to sleep until after 2:00, and I've been good all day today, so maybe if I can muster it.

...Or, I can have my mom wake me up really really early, like 5:00 (early for me :D) so I can get about two hours of playing time.

...Or, I can finish my homework now, go to bed, and have my brother wake me up late, like 12:00-2:00 AM, so then I can wake up, feel refreshed, and play it. :naughty:

Just talked with my mom, she's going to wake me up early so I can play some in the morning. If I end up being too awake to go to bed before 3:00, I'll surely unlock it to be ready for the morning, though, I hope I can go to bed early. ><

Back