One Billion Dollars!

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
drevil1249c34yq4.jpg

The world's richest man in India has been spending $1,000,000,000 to build the world's most expensive home.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/29/richest-man-in-india-buil_n_83910.html

Does spending one billion dollars on a home that includes but is not limited to a health club, multiple "safe" rooms, 3 helipads, 168 parking spaces and require 600 servants to maintain sound reasonable to you?

No. It sounds excessive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-ASxlu1eE

World's most expensive home. World's most god awful sinfully ugly home.

15717938iu4.jpg

That looks absolutely like it would fall down.

Oh that building looks like one I saw in a magazine, cool.

Reminds me of those arcology structures you could build in SimCity 2000. :p Pretty neat, hehe.

Not really eye pleasing. Not to mention so thought out that it's uncomfortable.
"damn, now I have to take an elevator to the bed..." *spends $10 billion investing into teleporter technology.

Looks like it was designed with Jenga blocks...

When he builds his two billion dollar home, he'll use cranes to remove sections of the house bit by bit with his friends until it falls over and the loser has to dress themselves for a week. The horror.

In all seriousness, it looks ridiculous and in poor taste.

The point was probably to just to spend a billion. Instead of doing something useful.

It's a good thing there are no charities that could use the money instead of building an ugly house for the lulz.

That looks absolutely like it would fall down.
Seeing as this takes place in India, it probably will.

A billion dollar house that ugly either means his architect was on coke, or that guy is on coke.

Or both.

I can see that thing being vandalized/destroyed pretty quickly.

Oh COME ON. That is just asking to have a plane crashed into.

ITT: People butthurt because they don't have $1 billion dollars resort to calling a man's house ugly.

I'd hate to be Godzilla and stub my toe on that D:

That's....so stupid.. I have no words.

SIX HUNDRED servants? He needs to get over himself.

How shitty would it be to work in a man's home, and he probably won't even know or remember your name or the hundreds of others. He'll probably know a few dozen people by name.

Is there anyone who'd REALLY turn down 600 servants on the pretense that they "need to get over themselves?" I'd take 600 servants. I know a lot of you would take 600 servants if you could. 600 people running around doing your bidding; so many servants you don't even know what you'd do with them. They'd be people living in your house cleaning up after you, cooking your food, all sorts of myriad things. 600 people at your beck and call.

You remember in Beauty and the Beast, Beast has like what, thirty servants tops, and they're all doing that musical number? Imagine "Be Our Guest" with SIX HUNDRED servants. Imagine that and tell me you'd turn it down.

Is there anyone who'd REALLY turn down 600 servants on the pretense that they "need to get over themselves?" I'd take 600 servants. I know a lot of you would take 600 servants if you could. 600 people running around doing your bidding; so many servants you don't even know what you'd do with them. They'd be people living in your house cleaning up after you, cooking your food, all sorts of myriad things. 600 people at your beck and call.

You remember in Beauty and the Beast, Beast has like what, thirty servants tops, and they're all doing that musical number? Imagine "Be Our Guest" with SIX HUNDRED servants. Imagine that and tell me you'd turn it down.

Well, then again you are a twisted, sadistic bastard.

Also. Imagine all the headaches of choreographing it. But of course since you're a heartless fiend, you would have no part in it, and assign one of your puppets to do it for you, leading to their emotional breakdown because it simply wasn't the line of work designated in their job description. It was either to choreograph your excessive "Be our Guest" musical, or immediate cancellation of contract of which that one individual could never hope to make as much money anywhere else because you'd utterly destroy their ability to be taken seriously in the industry. You'd assassinate their character with your lies and slander. And people would believe you because you own the world's most expensive home. Money is power in most parts of the world.

You cold hearted bastard. I hate you for what you'd do. How could you possibly have it in you to do such a thing?

That's....so stupid.. I have no words.

SIX HUNDRED servants? He needs to get over himself.

What's wrong with it? It's not slave labour. He's employing 600 people in a country where 10% of the population isn't employed.

Drop in a bucket, blah blah. But every bit helps! Think about how 600 people with extra cash to spend can effect an economy

He could equally be employing those 600 people to do something more productive -.-

And Darkside, I wouldn't. I believe there is such a thing as "overkill" ;)

Jetsons is the first thing that came to my mind...

Thats so coming down, naturally or...bombed.

You're just jealous because you live in a cold, dark tower!

Its main framework is actually supported by millions upon millions of Jenga blocks.

True storey.

Groan D:

You're just jealous because you live in a cold, dark tower!
It wouldn't be cold and dark if I had 600 servants to light some candles around here! Light some candles and sing songs.

And keep me company. :(

I just realised I should've said non-fiction books instead of Jenga blocks. That would've been even funnier.

He could equally be employing those 600 people to do something more productive -.-

And Darkside, I wouldn't. I believe there is such a thing as "overkill" ;)

He probably already does! These are just the less skilled people he couldn't hire to do anything else!

:|

It wouldn't be cold and dark if I had 600 servants to light some candles around here! Light some candles and sing songs.

And keep me company. :(

You could use them to line your stone walls for insulation. That would work.

He probably already does! These are just the less skilled people he couldn't hire to do anything else!

:|

Yeah I'm sure the guy wants people with nfc what they're doing to be the servants in his 1 billion dollar home...

Sure. I like you so much I'll even pay you in Wonderbread crusts instead of wheat.

Holy shit, I might quit my current job and sign up!

As long as I get the draftiest space on your wall with the sharpest of bricks.

This story is awesome in all levels. Can't believe he would spend such a high amount on this building, because it's probably surrounded by a rather polluted city area or so. No offence though, but most of India's major cities are quite polluted.

Back