"One group is wrong, but the other is spectactularly wrong"--Gabe Newell

Orange said:
Wouldn't it be cool if "his way" referred to going back in time and changing what's happened? Less costly perhaps than guerilla warfare.

I agree with that and other speculation, more developed, on the subject, that resumed you can see above.

And I did not played the stolen build. Everything in that post is assumed by me, thou somethings have been confirmed unofficially, all of what I posted there was be guessed and well debated, eventually marked as greater probability.

look, some ppl are just touchy, so I put my theory, the msot logical one and with a few things confirmed unofficially, in Spoiler tags.

Even ppl that played the stolen build will tell you that many things I state there are uncorfimable with it, therefore many of those things are simply assumed.

There's not going to be any time travel. Sorry, but time travel is retarded. This is not Daikatana.

Brian Damage said:
Confirmed unofficially...

Naughty, naughty, naughty....

No, I have no privileged illegal knowledge. All I'm saying is that including time travel in the plot arc in any way would be absolutely trite and stupid and therefore very unlikely.

Orange said:
Wouldn't it be cool if "his way" referred to going back in time and changing what's happened? Less costly perhaps than guerilla warfare.

Perhaps closing the gate is teh right solution, rather than genocide of a planet's species.

*koff*koff*

Someone but had already metioned it.

Yeah. Point is, you said it was unoffically confirmed.

Said it before, I'll say it again: I really don't anyone who's played the "beta" should speculate. They might let something slip without even meaning to... or do it on purpose...

Brian Damage said:
Yeah. Point is, you said it was unoffically confirmed.

Said it before, I'll say it again: I really don't anyone who's played the "beta" should speculate. They might let something slip without even meaning to... or do it on purpose...

Only 1 thing I said there has been unofficially confirmed, and even that was by very, very careful reviewing, and most ppl that played it didn't realized b/c it was so hardly mentioned. All the rest is my sepculation. The beta didn't spoiled nearly anything. I just assumed 98% of what's in there. Pure speculation.

And for the last time, I did not played the stolen build.

I never actually said that you played the stolen build, man. I just said that you'd confirmed it to be unofficially confirmed. Now my mind's all twisted up like one of those rubberbands you find in your jacket pocket after it's been through the washing machine...

And the "beta" can spoil things... some people who have listened to the sounds files say that it spoils quite a lot of the plot...

I really think we should stop using spoiler tags for simple speculation. It means I don't know if it's actually a spoiler or just a theory. Sarcasm tags would be better.

Barney Calhoun

Didn't Barney Calhoun have on one of the Combine police's uniform. I saw it in one of the Vid files. If so, Doesn't that mean Barney was one of them and later becomes your friend again. I mean by now Barney should be the in the main control area for the Combine police, if this is true after all.
What do you guys think?
:borg:

Yes, people have been speculating on why Barney's wearing a Combine uniform...

Maybe he's a defector from the Combine infantry?

Maybe he's wearing it as a disguise?

Maybe he just likes the protection it provides? The uniform does seem to incorporate a ballistic vest...

Personally, I think he's somehow undercover as a Combine soldier. Though, I don't see how he could get time off, or fifteen-minute breaks to go and help the Resistance :LOL:

Barney most probably used the Combine uniform for some sort of undercover mission, as the Combine don't distinguish him from another one of them with the uniform.

Since they are, and I stand with my theory again here, biomech humans, the differences would be unoticeable without removal of the armor.

Waait...Wait a second... Barney has a combine uniform right?

Lets think about this from a different perspective, what if you(Gordon) work(s)/are captured for/by the combine in the begining of the game, then as you play, barney finds you and then decides to betray the combine for whom he has been working with since the black mesa incident to start helping you? and then you meet up with kleiner and alyx, who helps you to destroy the combine.

MaxiKana said:
Waait...Wait a second... Barney has a combine uniform right?

Lets think about this from a different perspective, what if you(Gordon) work(s)/are captured for/by the combine in the begining of the game, then as you play, barney finds you and then decides to betray the combine for whom he has been working with since the black mesa incident to start helping you? and then you meet up with kleiner and alyx, who helps you to destroy the combine.

Godam you Maxi, that's exactly what I was thinking about ;)

Hmm. that woudl be cool. barney thinks the combine are on the right track but he sees they've captured you, and you being an old friend, decides to let you out...

Back