Online Activation of HL² is maybe a problem

B

basic.instinct

I heard of the online activation that is needed to play HL² singleplayer. Will this work on Steam? because I have problems with Steam ( it crashes and doesn't start up ). Or is there a alternative way?

I'm so excited can't play any other game because I think they are as boring and bad as HL² ;)

You have to have Steam and internet connection. Yup

Sorry those without a home connection or university students behind a firewall!

Oh my god please not!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to die if I can't solve this.
No alternative way=dead

Its not the program try reformating your comp. Maybe something on it is making it not work right. You NEED steam to play hl2 and you NEED to activate it online. Once its activated you dont need a internet connection.

Reinstall Windows. It's a shitty OS that needs to be freshly reinstalled every year or so or else you're going to run into problems.

basic.instinct said:
Oh my god please not!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to die if I can't solve this.
No alternative way=dead

Its not hard to get steam to work, its rather easy, format, and then after you get all window files on your pc, install steam, it will work(unless you somehow cannot format a pc or install programs correctly).

Yes, definitely try the steam forums before formatting. Deleting the clientregistry files (etc) sometimes helps too.

get steam working, its had a lot of bugs in the past, so if you start totally new it should be ok. Just download the basic steam installer client, its only like 600kbs. There are a lot of posts on steampowered.com that solve miscellaneous problems with steam. Good luck man. :E

just open up 0 to 65535 tcp and udp if got router
or disable firewall for short time to activate atleast ;)

i hope it works for you :)

Mountain Man said:
Reinstall Windows. It's a shitty OS that needs to be freshly reinstalled every year or so or else you're going to run into problems.

not if you know how to use it properly.

go to run and type:

"sfc /scannow" and then uninstall and reinstall Steam. If th at doesn't wor, reformat or else you're screwed.

If all else fails, call Steam and bitch them out. They will get it fixed.

If y ou can get steam to run once for a couple of minutes just to unencrpyt the game that is all you need to happen.

Back