Online petition to remove Steam from single player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind useing steam to activate my game, but **** useing it all the time just to play single player.

Re: Re: Online petition to remove Steam from single player

Originally posted by Piecemak3r
Sticky: Post another anti-steam petition thread and be banned.

*cough* banned *cough*
This is the original "Steam petition" thread, so that latest sticky doesn't apply. And this isn't an anti-Steam thread, anyway. The point of the petition (which I didn't start, by the way) was to simply compel Valve to rethink the Steam policy (as it was stated in the Steam FAQ) in regards to single player and LAN games. Whether this petition encouraged them change their policy or merely compelled them to clarify things is irrelevant as the petition signers got what they wanted.

If you think about it if you download the single-player over Steam and then don't have to be online to play it you could download it from as many computers as you wanted. Whereas if you're online they can check no one else is using the same CD key.

It's a basic secuirty measure for selling games online.

Note : I'm assuming that Valve doesnt have a limit on how many times you can download HL2 incase the game corrupts/something goes wrong and you need to reinstall.

It was pointed out in the valve info thread that you don't need an internet connection to play HL2 on LAN or to play the singleplayer....

Originally posted by BWMASTER
It was pointed out in the valve info thread that you don't need an internet connection to play HL2 on LAN or to play the singleplayer....

Didn't someone say you didn't need steam untill you use it once, then your stuck with it.

That was in the Steam FAQ. It's wording leaves a lot to be desired, as it created a great deal of concern.

However, Valve is aware of the concern and has stated that it is NOT required after the first two weeks. :bounce:

We had actually already established that which is why no one has replied to the thread for nearly a week! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back