only crowbar?

barnacle

Reaction score
Do you think there will be any other melee weapons in Half-life 2?
In some pic I saw of Gordon and Alyx, Alxy was holding a wrench, i wanna use other melee weapons, a bat or a lead pipe would be sexy.

i think theres a thing called sunstick or something like that, the thing the combine uses

Hopefully it won't be like Opposing force, where you had almost four melee weapons, (Wrench, Knife, Crowbar, etc...) and honestly they made little difference to each. I just always used the crowbar.

The manipulator can pick up pretty much anything light enough in the game. So i was wondering if there would be a way for a mod to make it so you can pick up any thing light enough with you hands and beat shit with what ever you pick up.
I was also wondering if you were holding something with the manipulator, lets say a trashcan, you can just be holding it and spin around and let it hit people or push things around with the object you are holding, without launching it, right?I have never seen it done before in the videos.

As long as I get to hit headcrabs out of the air I don't care what I use. It would be good that (if you got the timing right) the headcrabs go flying acroos the room, sewer, street etc. (this might be what happens I don't know)

Jynx_77 said:
Hopefully it won't be like Opposing force, where you had almost four melee weapons, (Wrench, Knife, Crowbar, etc...) and honestly they made little difference to each. I just always used the crowbar.
the knife was way better....

the wrench and knife did more damage than the crowbar, but the wrench was slower...

chimpmunk said:
i think theres a thing called sunstick or something like that, the thing the combine uses
Lol... Leet UV Protection for Gordon :) He wont be dying of skin cancer any time soon. :bounce:

Edit : I know you missed a T.. i wasnt taking the piss out of the spelling, jsut make me chuckle :cheers:

barnacle said:
The manipulator can pick up pretty much anything light enough in the game. So i was wondering if there would be a way for a mod to make it so you can pick up any thing light enough with you hands and beat shit with what ever you pick up.
I was also wondering if you were holding something with the manipulator, lets say a trashcan, you can just be holding it and spin around and let it hit people or push things around with the object you are holding, without launching it, right?I have never seen it done before in the videos.

You CAN pick shit up with your hands and beat ppl with them.

barnacle said:
Ofcourse! Whether it's being held or not, it's still physically simulated. :)

SMT said:
Gabe and I were on the treadmill at the gym the other day and he told me you can lift the dune buggy with your bare hands and swing it around like a baseball bat. The catch: you need a special powerup that can only be found by shooting a secret solid gold headcrab that sometimes floats in the skies over City 17.
I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that.

Jynx_77 said:

Um, OpForce didn't have the crowbar. It had a knife (fast and weak), the wrench (slow and powerful, and you could charge up a really hard swing), and the barnacle (latch onto enemies and those green things on the walls). It was hardly a "little difference".

KagePrototype said:
Um, OpForce didn't have the crowbar. It had a knife (fast and weak), the wrench (slow and powerful, and you could charge up a really hard swing), and the barnacle (latch onto enemies and those green things on the walls). It was hardly a "little difference".
Interesting... you're right, but I never thought of the barnacle as a melee weapon.

ZombieBudgie said:
Interesting... you're right, but I never thought of the barnacle as a melee weapon.

Well, it was in the melee category for the weapons, so it is to a certain extent.

KagePrototype said:

Heh, sorry to say, but there indeed was a crowbar in Op4.

You get it in the garage thing on a table next to some other tools.

vegeta897 said:
Heh, sorry to say, but there indeed was a crowbar in Op4.

You get it in the garage thing on a table next to some other tools.

Eh? Be more specific, because I never played OpForce SP with a crowbar.

in Hl2 do they have the melee gun attacks like in Halo and stuff? i dont think i ever saw something like that from gabe.

KagePrototype said:
Eh? Be more specific, because I never played OpForce SP with a crowbar.
Feh, I don't really remember correctly... You are in this underground garage, the BMRF garage.. And in this one repair room there is a crowbar on the table. Next to a toolbox. You dont HAVE to get it, so you probably just missed it.

@ Galoot, No I am 99% sure they won't have that. It's just not Half-Life. Err.. Half-Life 2.

galoot3000 said:
in Hl2 do they have the melee gun attacks like in Halo and stuff? i dont think i ever saw something like that from gabe.

No I don't think you can use the butt-end of your gun to whack enemies with.

crap, that was fun and if you timed it right you could cheat 3 seconds out of a reload :)

there is another melee weapon

\\\\\\\\SPOILER\\\\\\\WARNING////////SPOILER///////////

THERE IS A SAMURAI SWORD!!!!111 LOL

i remember that weapon!!!!
it worked really well on the level when gordon was teleported to china

hey i know what you are talking about!

....okay, i don't.

And it wasn't a samurai sword, it was a HF blade from SoL

Geno said:
hey i know what you are talking about!

....okay, i don't.

And it wasn't a samurai sword, it was a HF blade from SoL
The fourth game by Gabe Newell:
Kill Breen
*cue Gordon in an all-yellow HEV suit*

anyone else see the similarity between the combine battons and the "glow-rods" from the movie Demolition Man? I love the movie and adore Sandra Bullock.

I would like to see more than the crowbar, perhaps melee attacks for some of the larger hand held weapons like the shotgun assignable to a seperate button differing from the secondary double shot fire. Call of duty pulls this off well and can be incredibly valuable in cqc battles when you empty gun but can reach an enemy where it would take too long to switch weapons because you're being blasted.

SMT said:
Gabe and I were on the treadmill at the gym

Umm, the you and gabe in the gym jokes are getting old, brother. :|

would be cool if gordon could pic up a pole or a stick or even a Spade *shovel*
that be sweet as.

also if he picked up something like that, but had to drop the crowbar...when i have a pole in my hand, i will keep looking at the crowbar thinking...arrgh which one to keep!

It is not comfirmed there will be a stunstick yet right? All i know right now the current melee weapons are the Crowbar and Maniupulator.

You sure you can pick things up with your hands???Then there would be endless melee weapons!!

Back