Only one Tower/monolith?

ARGHH that tower is awful....

Anywho, i wont comment on this topic no more...not now i know the answer.

Tiddalick said:
The E3 2003 video shows this quite clearly.
If you watch it right at the end just before the last scene where Gordan fights the Striders.
Basically Gordan is going down an elevator and just behind him are pillers that make this fence out from the central citadal, one of them lifts, extends forward and stomps down.
Basically there is a fortress that is extending its way through the city...destroying it.

If you watch a demo where Valve is showing off the HDR capabiltys of source you can see the central tower in the background moving up and down...
I will try and get screens of this for you.

Note: The images have been compressed to reasonable size. They look much better in the game

Those are the crushy things, they havent changed. The tower in the background is how I always remembered it, but...

KagePrototype said:
I'm talking about this, it's from a trailer Valve released before E3 2003. You can get it by clicking here.

{EDIT}: By the way, just in case you're wondering, Gordon does a full 360 of that courtyard and it's the only tower in the sky, so no, it's not a different tower. They just changed it because they realised it sucked.

Tiddalick, the one you're talking about is the same building, and it's still black. It's just that that level has a fog effect in it, and the building only looks silver because it's so far away. It's still the same, sleek, black building.

Also, Ians, if you want to take pictures from something like WMA, you need to switch off your hardware accelaration. This is because when you take a picture of a video, Windows decided to have the video play in the image as well (unless you cvlose the video, in which case it's black). To switch off your acceleation, go tino your advanced display settings, into the troubleshoot section, and switch it off.

...holy crap! They turned it into a giant gay d!ldo :mad:

OK I understand the tower, but what is that HUGE white arrow? Is that something that Grodon is shooting at the tower to posibly take it down?

but the towers have to have some other purpose. if they just wanted to destroy each city, they could bomb them. i know they have another agenda.

Aknot said:
OK I understand the tower, but what is that HUGE white arrow? Is that something that Grodon is shooting at the tower to posibly take it down?

You are being sarcastic, right?

It's obviously put in by kage to indicate the tower we are talking about.

kaf11 said:
but the towers have to have some other purpose. if they just wanted to destroy each city, they could bomb them. i know they have another agenda.

From what I can figure (the recent intro bink said they destroy each street) is the big crushy things destroy streets and somehow that goes towards the big black building?

lans said:

:)

Message to short just for smilie......

lans said:

/me gives Ians a sarcasm detector

You're in dire need of one. :)

Back