OP:CO-IN British Parachute Regiment Character

Jeremy

Reaction score
britishpara_01.jpg

britishpara_02.jpg

britishpara_03.jpg

Comments? Crits? Suggestions? :cheers:

its nice, but you seem to have some mesh problems around the arms and legs.

No, that's there on purpose, for baggyness. It'll look fine when skinned, you'll see.

Jeremy said:
No, that's there on purpose, for baggyness. It'll look fine when skinned, you'll see.
I doubt it will look fine when skinned :|
The face looks a lot better than the other one (that you practically copied from RO).

he looks really short/squat to me, though it might jsut be the angle.

looks nice, but it's hard to cit w/o a poly count :p

and, to be picky, if i'm jumping outta a good airplane, i'd at least want my chin strap secure :p

looking fine :)

@SidewinderX:
It's 6,000 polys. He's not short, he's 6' 1". He might seem short because of the baggy clothing and amount of equipment, so it makes him seem bulky/wider which overall makes him seem shorter I guess.

@Ank:
..thanks? I guess..lol.
About the polys looking bad when skinned, I guess that's a matter of opinion, and in mine, you're wrong. They actually look good when ingame because they give the cloth material more of an imperfect look. However, if that turns out to not look great, it's such an easy fix.. 5 seconds. So it's not a big deal :)

hmm. I think I realised whats wrong with your model. Well, there nothing wrong with it. But here are some things I just noticed. Basiclly. your model has no stacture. It doesn't look like a real guy is stud there with his arms out. Its looks like a figure someone has made. Also everything is to perfect, what I mean by this is everything seems to flow to perfect. Its to tidy and fitted together.

This is proberly a bad example because I am not a very good modeller to most people. But look at this:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/st4tic/Light_Infantry_Final2.jpg

In my opinion when I look at this model is looks like he has weight and it kinda looks like he is stud up like a normal person. It might be because I modelled it. Infact its hard to see the body on that one. Check out this one:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/st4tic/Light_Infantry_Final.jpg

take into acount on this one the arms are a little short because its an old render. Same with the fat head. But just kinda look how he is stud and how again in my opinion he comes across as been heavy and not just... stuck there.

uh he's set up how he is because thats how our rig is. If you want him to look real, just gotta wait till he's skinned and animated.

hmmm.... but the whole point about the rigging and actually stance is to make it like a humans. I supose you could do what your saying, but then the rig will not be like a normal humans. Humans don't stand up straight backed btw, every human unless u have some horrible broken back stancds in a certain stance. Also your bones are positioned in certain places. You can fit the model how your saying, but surly it would have been better to model it like how I am saying in the first place. It would proberly take loads of time out of rigging and tweaking. Its just so hard to say if its going to be any good or not at the end. I supose we will have to see :p

uh yea, this isnt a stance, is what I'm saying. It's just a reference pose, as done in many other games including my previous mod, Red Orchestra, where the players happen to look extremely lifelike after being animated:

ger_heercharacters.jpg

ye your right, they do look a lot better when skinned and not standing stright. I stand corrected :D good work m8.

can we have a poly count and a wire ??

theres a few places that look like they have a lot of unnecessary (sp?) detail...mainly the small holster thingys ( ...ahh shaddaap, i dunno what they're called :p ). yeah, looking again, the clothes could do with a revamp, take some polies from the vest and maybe the the backpack, and stick em in where they're needed. also, around the wrist, i think you could save a few polies by making the shirt tight around the hand, and it would probably look better.

PS. the face is daaamn good, cept, arent the eyes are a bit small ?

Back