OpCoin: British Enfield SA-80A2

Jeremy

Reaction score
sa80final.jpg

~5,000 polys, yes, I'm going to optimize.

For Operation: CoIn

ye it does look very nice, very clean and looks very well done. Good work Jeremy :D When its optamised it should be alright.

very, very nice. Just some tips on optomizing it... lll those ridges on the back of the stock cna be removed, will never ever be seen in game.

SidewinderX143 said:
very, very nice. Just some tips on optomizing it... lll those ridges on the back of the stock cna be removed, will never ever be seen in game.

Looks sexy in a render though ;)

I still can't believe thats triangles.... are u sure u didn't like forget to patch it? lol. It looks like there is so much detail on some parts :D

Very good, love it!
btw. I think the gun is called L-85 ;)

It's called the L-85A2 and also the SA-80A2. Same thing.

Enfield L-85A2. There :p

Whoa, awesome model!! Great detail. Makes me wish my 3dmax wasn't busted now...

lol wait, wasn't the L-85 the first counterpart version which only fired in single shots?? o_0
SA-80 was the updated design, which included auto

lol least thats what I read, me thinks

SA80 is the designation of the family of the weapons: L85 Individual Weapon (rendered) and the L86 Light Support Weapon (LSW)

jesus man that looks incredible. i can't belive that only 5000 looks at least triple that. Anyway idea for optimizing. you could probably get away with skinning the cooling holes (real technical eh?) especially on the barrel shroud as it's going to be fairly far in the players perspective. i assume you did all the backface deleting? the hanle is dead sexy for renders but probably overkill ingame since it will be unseen. the only area that too me looks a little off is the magazine release button. I did a model of the same weapon a while ago (though not nearly as sexy) and your release button seems off. I'll try to find a decent pc of what i'm talking about or it could just be my mind playing tricks on me. Again Superb model. any chance of a wireframe? i'd love to see how you did the shroud and scope.

Vey nice. Funny, I am modelling the same gun for my mod.
SideWinder, I have two questions:
Where do you get your refs for your guns?
Where did you get your website? I am looking all over for a good free web host that's not geocities.

hrmm, SideWinder, the above is the SA-80, not the newer A2 model that I've modelled. Therefor some of the parts are somewhat different - for example, the scope on the A2 is quite different.

Just thought I'd let ya know. Thanks anyways, of course :)

Back