Organic crowbar - really cool bug

Why did you call it the "Organic crowbar" then?

Would you have preferred "Organic smg" or "Organic pheropod" or "Organic MP7", ect...

Organic Crowbar seemed the best and most entertaining

BTW I was in the IRC room when garry posted the link to v6 and I got it, but it's down now :(

Zeus said:
Would you have preferred "Organic smg" or "Organic pheropod" or "Organic MP7", ect...

Organic Crowbar seemed the best and most entertaining

no, he means, where did you get the "organic" part from?

the Crowbar is not in any way organic -- it's made from metal.

th3Phallex said:
no, he means, where did you get the "organic" part from?

the Crowbar is not in any way organic -- it's made from metal.

Dude I took parts out of both weapons names.

"Organic Gravity Gun"

"Crowbar"

"Organic Gravity Gun" + "Crowbar" - "Gravity Gun" = "Organic Crowbar"

Understand now?

BTW v6 is so fun. You can rotate objects with the gravity gun and there are new VGUI menus for the weapons and also you can pose faces and change eye positions for more realism. The map has been updated and you can freeze the flashlight in one spot to put emphasis on something in a dark place. Also the spawn menu has been updated. Plus many more changes. You should feel pretty angry about not getting to play :D sorry to rub it in.

I've only heard "Gravity Gun" by itself.

Never head of "Organic Gravity Gun."

Zeus said:
You should feel pretty angry about not getting to play :D sorry to rub it in.

Yeah having not bothered with it since v1 after five minutes screwing around I'm naturally besides myself with sadness...

The Dark Elf said:
Yeah having not bothered with it since v1 after five minutes screwing around I'm naturally besides myself with sadness...

Hmm I don't know whether to laugh or cry, please excuse me while I go think over my decision.

DarkStar said:
I've only heard "Gravity Gun" by itself.

Never head of "Organic Gravity Gun."

It's at the end of the game. The blueish gravity gun that can pick people up and throw them.

just be simple blue grav gun and all the crow bar is doing is just staying with the script that the blue grav gone does

For those still lost playing the home game, the blue grav gun is called the 'organic gravity gun' because it can manipulate organic matter.

But I think that 'gravity bar' is more fitting ;)

FireCrack said:
The normal gravity gun can too.
can what? It cannot pick up anything organic (unless you count wood)

i think firecrack meant in garrys mod, in which you can manipulate organic matter with the regular grav gun

wow, amazed at the sheer stupidity here, i knew what he was on about from just the title, it IS the organic gravity gun, it can now pick up ORGANIC material. hence organic crowbar. makes perfect sense people.

Actually this is retarded. ORGANIC matter...right...like watermelons? The idea is that the blue gravity gun is powerful enough to pick people up off their feet. It's all about power, it's a scientif impossility to create a device which specifically recognizes organic matter given that organic matter is comprised primarily of carbon, an incredibly popular mineral. Anyhoo, stop calling it the organic grav gun, it's just dumb.

Organic Gravity Gun is the proper name for it, read the Prima guide.

I'm counting wood ;)

Abyways, i think that's a dumb name because well, organic matter on the level the gravgun should operate is no different from inorganic matter.

I will continue to call it the "Super Gravity Gun" or the "Advanced Zero Point Energy Gun"

Ok can we stop discussing the name and discuss the bug itself please?

You frickin retards, the organic gun does recognize organic matter as opposed to the reg. grav gun which doesn. It DOESNT have to do with power to pick up people because if it did then the reg. grav gun would be able to pick up light organic things, like headcrabs- which it cant. So there, you are all stupid.

Paravel said:
Actually this is retarded. ORGANIC matter...right...like watermelons? The idea is that the blue gravity gun is powerful enough to pick people up off their feet. It's all about power, it's a scientif impossility to create a device which specifically recognizes organic matter given that organic matter is comprised primarily of carbon, an incredibly popular mineral. Anyhoo, stop calling it the organic grav gun, it's just dumb.

^^

Plus, calling everyone stupid doesn't contribute at all

Herc, no need to be so offensive.

Personaly i belive that the gravity gun effect is like the effect when you teleport the first time and it screws up so your stuck in once place but if you move out of the feild you escape. For the normal grav gun the feild is very small and a small amount of struggling will get you out, thus why it cant pick up living things.

Zeus said:
Hey everyone, I just discovered a really cool bug. If you grab a body with the super grav gun and switch weapons while holding the body, the weapon you are holding will have the grav gun powers. I did this in garrymod v6 so I don't know if it works in any other HL2 game/mod.

Pic- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/OpposingForce/supercrowbar1.png

lol @ Zeus

I experienced this in the trainstation levels of HL2 with all my weapons :)

Also, in garry's mod, if you swith between the normal grav gun (ragdoll poser) and the super grav gun very quickly then the super grav gun dissapears and there is only a glow left...

I doubt that it has the powers of the super grav gun, but then again, I never tried it on anyone :|

It could bounce off headcrabs and antlions! :O (shame it cant bounce off combines, tho, that would be FUN)

Danimal said:
lol @ Zeus

Also, in garry's mod, if you swith between the normal grav gun (ragdoll poser) and the super grav gun very quickly then the super grav gun dissapears and there is only a glow left...

I doubt that it has the powers of the super grav gun, but then again, I never tried it on anyone :|

If you have the super grav gun out then hop in and out of the jeep, it will do the same

and, yea the new menus make it look much more professionally done and clean :E

CREMATOR666 said:
It could bounce off headcrabs and antlions! :O (shame it cant bounce off combines, tho, that would be FUN)

What are you talking about, pilot.

Danimal said:
lol @ Zeus

it does have the organic powers

Can you upload Garrys mod version 6? Or is there link on the Inet for it?

he just released 6b just thought Id post it instead of making a new topic

Back