OS boot issue, Plz help!

Slik

Reaction score
My computer was working fine until I restarted, now my desktop wont load. The icons and the taskbar are not there and it just stays that way. I could pull up the task manager and run programs like explorer and stuff but I cant figure out how to load up my desktop.

Can someone please help me?

Here are some things that you should include in this thread if you want some help:
  • The OS you are using.
  • How and why the system restarted. (Hard reset? Soft reset? Crash?)
  • Describe what you were doing on the system in the session before the restart.
  • Your general PC skill level.
  • Number of years of PC experience.

Posting this information will really help anyone else who tries to solve your problem. Put in anything you feel is important to finding the solution. I'll come back when you have enough info. to figure out what to do.

Did you download/install anything before you restarted?

ok, I am using windows XP with service pack 2

I just wanted to restart my computer because I was messing with the registry :O , I was deleting spyware and adware. I used spybot, ad-aware SE and Norton antivirus 2004 but there was still some left in the registry. so thats why I was there.

and now I am stuck desktopless ;(

omg, I ran ad-aware again and it was actually spyware that was causing this....

I spent hours trying to fix this.... :flame:

but anyways thanks for nothing :p

i had the same problem 2 other times. Its normaly caused by adware or a virus. The easiest way i found to get it back is run a spyware program in safemode if you can. If you dont have 1 press ctrl alt del and go to run. type the command msconfig. (dont **** around in there)
And then tell ur computer to boot with everything loaded. That should bring it back then get a spyware program and remove as much junk as you can.

Back