Other Employeers?

KrazyKlown

Reaction score
I did not see any other posts about this yet, so what the heck.....

At the end of the game, gman says something about "Other employers" being interested in your services. Lets imagine for a second, that the gman is not really on the side of humans.....lets say he has his own agenda. Lets say that he is a neutral party that looks for his own benefit and uses others for this, an intergalactic pimp if you will.

Now, when I heard "other employers" and thought about it for a bit I cam up with this: what if the Combine Advisor was really impressed with the way that Gordon went through everything that Breen threw at him, and now he has contacted the gman to bring Gordon on the combine side. What if the next Half Life game, which is said to have Alyx playable, puts her in a position where she finds Gordon working for the combine.

I think it's possible........do you? :E Probably not. (I love the speculation forum, so much freedom.)

omg .. i think it is completely possible, although i wouldnt be very happy with it *g*

if something like this happens, gordon (and alyx?) might turn against the gman, sounds interesting.

of course valve would have to give us a really good explanation for their ability to resist him.

just imagine .. hl3 might be about gordons personal freedom.
he might be given a job he cannot possibly fulfill, like taking earth for the combine/?.
now he is supposed to fight his own people, has a big wtf moment, finds a way to break free from the gman and once again saves earth and its very few survivors.
in the end only gordon and alyx ( :D ) plus some other people are left, gazing at a scorched earth..sad music, a burning city at the horizon..the unhappy end :x

Wouldn't work though, the gman places gordon in such a situation that he only ever has one option to take, and that is the one that has the favourable outcome for the gman.

Yeah, it's kinda ironic the One Free Man is the furthest from it.

Back