Overclocking an AMD Athlon XP 3200+

hungryduck

Tank
Reaction score
Well, I just upgraded to some new hardware (Asus a7n8x-deluxe AMD Athlon XP 3200 and a new case!), and I was wondering about overclocking. I would like to overclock just a little, as much as my current cooling will allow. How should I go about this process? Do I just raise the clock multiplier in the bios? Please help me before i do something stupid!

Can I just raise the multiplier by itself? I dont think my ram will take changes to the FSB, its pretty crappy generic PC3200

Well Asus Rock as a mobo, and most Asus based boards have "Jumperfree overclocking" which is overclocked based in the bios.

So restart go in the bios, with my Asus it is F8.
Then look the the Jumper Free option and it should be something like
5%
10%
20%
30%

I have tryed 20 , and 30 on mine, but they were unsucessful, and after like 30 secs my pc restarted with out any overclocking and i just moved it down.
Right now mine is 10% over clocking, (2.2 -> 2.44) and has been this way for more than a year. : p

-NonStopableForce

My asus mobo is of the nforce 2 generation, and does not have that, But I did try increaseing the clock multiplier....I could put it up to 12.5 and the computer stopped responding
why is that?

Back