paintball map

W

Wraith

heres a map for ya, put this file in your c:\sierra\half-life\valve\maps folder then go to console and type in "map pball" (without quotes) and hit enter. tell me what you think this is one of my first maps (i have made about 5 now)

Originally posted by Wraith
heres a map for ya, put this file in your c:\sierra\half-life\valve\maps folder then go to console and type in "map pball" (without quotes) and hit enter. tell me what you think this is one of my first maps (i have made about 5 now)

first thing, you might wanna goto the properties of the HEV suit and make it use the short login message, i cant stand listening to the long one.

second thing, did you check out your r_speeds? map seems very laggy, too large of an open area maybe.

third, hmm seems to be a map just for the sake of being a map, doesnt seem very polished, its just a room woth a couple primitives of different size and some random enimies/guns/ammo, it needs alot of work.

ok i fixed the logon and i deleted a few healthkits (not to be mean but my girlfriend beat it in 5 tries, that means its really easy haha) also i dont know what r_speeds are but it didnt lag for me or my girlfriend so i dunno what happened for you

ok i fixed the logon and i deleted a few healthkits (not to be mean but my girlfriend beat it in 5 tries, that means its really easy haha) also i dont know what r_speeds are but it didnt lag for me or my girlfriend so i dunno what happened for you

well im running it on a 9800 pro and im telling you the r_speeds are too high ;)

goto the console, type r_speeds 1

then run around the level and see how high the last value is getting, lowest is about 700 highest was like 12000, the highest you should want is 800 or so.

nice article here for you to read. http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?go=ideals

[edit]

i lied, highest epoly in r_speeds was over 15000, lowest was 1433 ;/

dude jus cause u got the high graphics card, won't make it fast!

u need the PROSSESOR man.

i have the 9800 pro graphics (gonna update my graphics soon to the highest, and i have the pentium 4 processor 3.2Ghz which is the highest processor. me pc u can't even buy on the net yet (3days old) :)

Originally posted by commando

i have the 9800 pro graphics (gonna update my graphics soon to the highest, and i have the pentium 4 processor 3.2Ghz which is the highest processor. me pc u can't even buy on the net yet (3days old) :)

what does any of that have to do with his r_speeds problems?

and uh pentium 4 3.2's can be bought online, like from newegg.com.

i dont give a god damn about r_speeds! my computer isnt all that great but i get NO LAG on this map, what are you running like 50 programs at once?

NO i mean my PC can't be brought online man :) not online at the mo. tis only 3days old :)

i didn't mean 3.2 prossesor can't soz

r_speeds are EVERYTHING in mapping. ask barney (cs mapper) he goes around and tweaks r_speeds 4 life

Originally posted by commando

800 front side bus (fsb)??

yes 800 is the fastest right now...on the p4. make sure its HT enabled too.

but what do the r_speeds matter? i mean it runs 100% fine on my comp which isnt even that great of a computer!

but what do the r_speeds matter? i mean it runs 100% fine on my comp which isnt even that great of a computer!

Because if you want to make a successful map, you need to make it backwards compatible for all of the people who don't have as good of hardware as you do imo.

hmmmm

[shamless plug]
http://digitalpaintball.net/
the only paintball mod for HL. Preety fun too, if I'm allowed to comment on it...
[/shamless plug]
i've never imagined a paintball type map for regular HL sp though, I might just give it a try.

jmechy i downloaded that but it doesntcome with any maps and i cant find a place to download maps!

Back