Paysafecard New Payment Option for Steam

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]Paysafecard is now available as a payment choice for the Steam store. PSC is one of the biggest prepaid organisations globally which does not require a bank account. Paysafecards can be picked up in shops, money is then transferred onto the card providing you with a PIN number which can be used on the Steam to transfer the funds from the card to purchase any of the 1,200-plus games available on Steam. Ideal for younger customers.[br]Customers who spend ?20 or ?20 using paysafecard will receive a free copy of Portal. Find out more on this offer and paysafecard here.[br]Current Supported countries: Austria, Belgium, The Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and The United Kingdom.

you'd think they'd have these in America as well. I can't tell you how many times I bought a game for a friend just hoping he'd pay me back

you'd think they'd have these in America as well. I can't tell you how many times I bought a game for a friend just hoping he'd pay me back

Well maybe you should make some sort of verbal agreement, rather than hoping for it.

Nice, recently they also added support for iDeal(a Dutch internet banking system).

Strange, this thread claims that Paysafecard is still not available for Steam. What is true? Maybe this guy is from a country that's not supported now?
He is from Romania which is supported by paysafecard (according to their website) but it is possible that Steam hasn't added all the regions that paysafecard supports. At the time of this news post the regions I included were given by Doug Lombardi. There is so little information on the Steam site now for this payment method which is very strange. The only mention of it is in the Steam support section for troubleshooting payment problems:

My PaySafeCard purchase failed

Please attempt your purchase again using a web browser instead of the Steam client. If possible, please use Internet Explorer 7+ or Firefox to complete this transaction.

When using PaySafeCard as your payment method, after filling your code you will be automatically re-routed back to the Steam client which will confirm your purchase. This process can take up to 60 seconds. To avoid purchasing failures, please do not hit your back button or close the PaySafeCard window before this process is complete.

If you still encounter errors, please contact Steam Support with a screenshot of the issue you are encountering and we will continue to troubleshoot the issue.

PaySafe Junior

PaySafeCard Junior cannot be used to purchase video games.

Back