PC for $1850

Pitt-Bull

Reaction score
What's the best PC (I want to build) I can buy with $1850? I guess id like them all to be from Newegg, and I don't need a new moniter.

AMD 64 FX 3200
1gig pc 3500 ram
ASUS SK8N
2x 74g WD Raptors (SATA)
21" LCD
DVD burner
logitech elite keyboard
logitech mx 700

you should be able to get that for 1850$

MaxiKana said:
AMD 64 FX 3200
1gig pc 3500 ram
ASUS SK8N
2x 74g WD Raptors (SATA)
21" LCD
DVD burner
logitech elite keyboard
logitech mx 700

He doesn't need an new monitor, but a graphics card might be handy..... ;)

MaxiKana said:
AMD 64 FX 3200
1gig pc 3500 ram
ASUS SK8N
2x 74g WD Raptors (SATA)
21" LCD
DVD burner
logitech elite keyboard
logitech mx 700

No sound.. :| No Case... :|

Gah, forgot the GFX card /me stupid.

Radeon 9800 xt :D

also if you want the best sound, get Logitech Z-640 with a Audigy 2 ZS, then spend the rest on a case you fancy, there really aren't any cases that i could give you as beuty is in the eye of the beholder. But any ATX case will do.

Athlon 64 FX 3200+, Is there such a thing?
FX-51 or 3200+.

btw Nforce 3 150 is crap. Only 600mhz fsb rather than 800mhz like it should be. the Nforce3 250 pro will be 800mhz though. Won't be out for a bit.
Get Asus' new VIA board.
Link

Socket 939 (FX) and 940 (Opteron) actually have a future.

It's the same core...it will OC just as well as these FX.
Same stock speeds and price. The name is different, the product isn't.

I'm more of a Pentium man, but to get a pentium you're spending more money for a simmilar clock speed as AMD. And i've read AMD's architecture is better for gameing. Personally I just get a more perdictable system out of an Pentium. Just don't go with celeron, no matter what you do. The clock speeds look attractive, but it's like a hot mentally handicapped girl, she looks great, but she's not all there.

Pitt-Bull - It all comes down to preference my main man. I chose my P4 cause it overclocks like a champ. I also don't think there's any point in getting a 64-bit capable chip at the point in time. But, then again, I upgrade about once a year.

RandomPING - I've never seen an attractive retard. It's kinda like their natural defense against people taking advantage of them.

iamironsam said:
Pitt-Bull - It all comes down to preference my main man. I chose my P4 cause it overclocks like a champ. I also don't think there's any point in getting a 64-bit capable chip at the point in time. But, then again, I upgrade about once a year.

RandomPING - I've never seen an attractive retard. It's kinda like their natural defense against people taking advantage of them.

That's why I thought getting a 2.8 with a MSI 875P FIS2R

I dont think theres even a point of buying any computer at this point in time.

Think of how much a waste it would be buying now, spring '04 will bring in a huge amount of new technologies.

I did'nt say im getting the PC now, im getting it in a few months

iamironsam said:

Yea that's true, i guess i need a better analogy. There should really be a robot for this kind of thing. How about a beauty queen in a coma? Nah, too much of an extreme. Like surfing in jellow? No that doesn't even make sense.

Ooh ooh, celerons are good, and have smaller price tags, but they don't have all the features that we've come to expect in a gaming processor. Now that's a good analogy! :D

I can think of better things then analogys to use a hot blond for.

He he, enough sexism though.

Anyway, back on topic so the mods don't give us a talking to, and then put the pad lock on there.

If you're looking for good parts at good prices for your new PC, and you're not married to new egg, try http://www.pricewatch.com. It's a great site that finds some of the best prices on the net.
Though some of them are scams so go to http://www.resellerratings.com/ and http://search.bbb.org/search.html to check them out before you make a buy. But for the most part you can save a lot on here. Some sell them cheep because they're stopping stocking an item, or they're selling it at the price they bought it for because they just can't get it to move in their stores.

Case - Lian-Li Aluminum Case with Side Panel Window & 1 Ball-Bearing Fan on the Top (Black), Model "PC-65B" -RETAIL - $150.00

Mainboard + Sound Card - ABIT 875P Motherboard for Socket 478 800MHz Canterwood, Model "IC7-Max3" (comes with 6.1 realtek sound) RETAIL - $195.99

CPU - Intel Pentium 4/ 3.0C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512KB Cache, Hyper Threading Technology - Retail - $281.00

RAM - Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, Low Latency (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail - $253.00

Video Card - ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP - RETAIL - $298.00

Power Supply - Antec 480W Power Supply,Model "TRUE480" - RETAIL - $84.00

Hard Drive - WESTERN DIGITAL SPECIAL EDITION 120GB 7200RPM IDE HARD DRIVE, Model WD1200JB, OEM DRIVE ONLY - $98.00

DVD-Rom - Samsung 16X DVD Drive, MODEL SD-816BEP, OEM - $33.99

CD Burner - Lite On Beige 52x32x52 CD-RW Drive, Model LTR-52327S BEIGE, OEM - $38.00

Floppy - SAMSUNG SFD321B/LBL1 Black 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive, OEM Driver Only - $5.99

GRAND TOTAL: $1429 (Plus tax if you live in the state of CA.)

This IS A exact copy of my computer, except I have a 200gb Western Digital, Only 1 Cd-Rom drive which is a 16x cd-rw burner, and A AIW 9800 PRO.

If there anything I reccomend most, it is the Lian Li case... SO GOOD!

All of this can be found and was priced off newegg.com

Very good system....

Also with the extra $300-400 left over, You could upgrade to SATA Hardrives, get a 3.2 P4 & get a ATI 9800 XT 256MB

hyenolie said:
that 1400 dollar pc is goona cost 17-1800 by the time u checkout.

uuuhhhhh, yes, IF HE live in California (then theres tax), Shipping would only cost $50-100, so maybe yes, maybe no

Back