PC Gamer gave it 98%, but what has gotten higher?

Janet Reno

Reaction score
I read that PC Gamer hasn't given out a score of higher than 98% in 6 years. Does anyone know the game or games that have gotten 98% or more in the past?

none in PCgamer atleast.. Zelda: Ocarina of time got 100 on everything in a swedish magazine once..

Zelda got a perfect in the nintendo official and unofficial mags aswell I think.

I believe the first HL got 98% also. The highest score I remember seeing aside from that for anything was Tekken 3 in PLAY! magazine, at 97% (out of 10 don't count).

In PCGamer US the first HL got 97. Alpha Centauri (???) is the only other game to get a 98 from PCG.

Zelda also got 10/10 in Edge (possibly the most critical gaming magasine around)

Mario 64 also recieved obscenely high scores too :) (and another Edge 10/10)

Only other game in Pc Gamer US was Alpha Centauri , though talk to alot of people and they will say that it didn't deserve that score.
No other game got higher.

Ocorina of time was an awesome game. I need to find a n 64 so I can play it...

/applies lips to nintendo nipple... mmm Miyamoto milk.... NOBODY FUXING BRING UP THAT SICKASS ICARUS MILK SHIT...

Minerel said:
Only other game in Pc Gamer US was Alpha Centauri , though talk to alot of people and they will say that it didn't deserve that score.
No other game got higher.

Alpha Centuari perfectly deserved that score, i just wish it worked on xp and i'd be playing it now.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 got a perfect :| show's you how much Gamespot reviews can be trusted.

Vigilante said:
not only...Soul Calibur for the Dreamcast got a 10, as did Chrono Cross for PS1

EDIT: Yeah..THPS3 got a 10(ps2 version only)..but it was a great game and deserving of it :thumbs:

SO where CC and SC imo... amazing games..

Slik said:
you guys forgot Perfect Dark. :thumbs:

ah Perfect Dark :)

What a game that was. No fps can match the weapons in PD - they were just bad ass.

I had nightmares after playing perfect dark:(
Im them I was forced to play that game from start to finsh, it was almost unbearable:)

brink's said:
I had nightmares after playing perfect dark:(
Im them I was forced to play that game from start to finsh, it was almost unbearable:)

Blasphemy!!!

Back