PC Games Addict in AUS

scarecrow1

Reaction score
Just got this yesterday- Scored HL2 with 96%
Great review, cant wait till the next one.
First hl2 review in Australia.

Excellent. I'm glad HL2 is getting great reviews all over the world.

the review was pretty much like all the other-no spoilers, just the reviewer saying he loved it....

oh yeah, the reviewr reckons the ending was kick ass but he knows that its not finished(waiting for hl3)

He thinks that the combat scenes in the game are pretty much the best he has ever seen, better than any game he has played.

scarecrow1 said:
Just got this yesterday- Scored HL2 with 96%
Great review, cant wait till the next one.
First hl2 review in Australia.

Are you to be trusted? :p

All pros: everything about the game, and the only con : cant talk to aliens!

lans said:
Does PC Games addict, ring a bell?

It's even in the thread title.

Stupid Canadian reporting in.

I thought he meant that he was a pc games addict, and that he lived in Australia.

i think he's just trying to take the things from the other reviews and implement them into this supposed review so it looks believable, i'll trust it when i hear it's confirmed

It's a real magazine, but I am fairly sure that it's just PC Gamer altered to match the Australian vernacular and release dates et cetera. So it may very well be an exact copy of the PC Gamer UK review. :)

scarecrow pleaseeeee type out details or something plzzzzz

nw909 said:
Stupid Canadian reporting in.

I thought he meant that he was a pc games addict, and that he lived in Australia.

lol i thought the same thing. This is great news, this game must have some great stuff in it if its getting such ratings. And even after a lot of really good FPS already came out.

Why would "not being able to talk to aliens" be a con? o.0

You can't even talk to people :p

Okay, just got back from the local takeaway (for lunch) and sure enough, in their little magazine section was a copy of 'PC Games Addict' sporting a HL2 cover and about an eight page review!

It scored 96%! I tried to memorize the pros and cons but I've forgotten all of them (man my memory sucks)! The review was full of all the screenies we've already seen - I didn't read the review or buy the mag ('cos the rest of it didn't interest me), I also only had enough money for lunch!

But it is for real I can assure you that!!! Woohoo!

wtf?..cant talk to aliens?...is my imagination or didnt the vortigaunts said words in hl1 like"die",also the nihilant talked.

its real guys but i hate to tell you its not new. its a copy of the pc gamer uk review. flat out copy. everything is the same..

damn just read his post & got that mag just then. was hoping it was new..

ah well. at least i can say i got a real copy of one review now instead of scans :)

tic said:
its real guys but i hate to tell you its not new. its a copy of the pc gamer uk review. flat out copy. everything is the same..

damn just read his post & got that mag just then. was hoping it was new..

ah well. at least i can say i got a real copy of one review now instead of scans :)

damn ...

yah me too, just bought it and realized i'd already read it.

the cover of PC Games addict is almost exacly the same as PC Gamer UK, just replace the "R" in "PC GAMER" with an "S" with "ADDICT" written beside it in little tiny letters.

Of course the Vortigaunts talk, hell it's been confirmed that Louie Gosset Jnr is doing the acting for them.

OMG Louis Gosset Jr.!

Iron Eagle movie easter eggs anyone? :p haha, such a high-class, yet underrated actor, lol ;)

You'll probably find you can "use" the vortigaunts the way you 'used' Barney and the scientists to follow you in HL1, in which case the vortigaunts would say something to let you know you have successfully 'used' them.

Can't talk to the aliens will just be a joke. It's certainly been a running joke in PCG UK for a while, like "if only you could talk to the glowing green plasma death" and so on.

Yup, it's just a verbatim copy of the UK PC Gamer. The whole magazine is always just the UK PC Gamer with an altered title, basically.

It's: Astonishing, Robots!, Revelatory!
It's not: Ever stupid, Corridors, The end of the story

"Messianic"

Exactly the same as PC Gamer UK.

The little box at the start is more of a "do" and "do not" thing, I think...

"Do Shoot"
"Do Think"
"Do Manipulate"
"Don't talk to the aliens"
"A symphony of shooting, a ballad of blastery. Gordon's story finds a new and astonishing trajectory in s brutal dystopia. Own this."

yeah i was gonna say the same thing, i read over it today in the newsagent. same review.

Stinks, doesn't it? They don't even make it clear that most of the material in the mag doesn't actually come from Aussie reviewers...

Brian Damage said:
Stinks, doesn't it? They don't even make it clear that most of the material in the mag doesn't actually come from Aussie reviewers...

That's because the English want to keept the Aussies in their place.

alehm said:
That's because the English want to keept the Aussies in their place.

Hows a wombat up side the head sound?

:LOL: i kid, i kid

Back