PC Powerplay article info: CS:S, HL: S and even CN:G

why the hell would valve not work much on textures and models for hl:s? i'm excited for it too!

also, i'd really like to see the pic of hl:s too

Yeah, everyone does.

Well, it can't be posted here, and I'm not sure I want to be the one who PMs it everywhere.

Well i have a screeny of it...taken with my digital camera -->. Very crap quality as the actual print on the page is a tiny caption.

Anyway..

I've got the latest issue too, it's a really good one. A Doom 3 review, a Dev Diary for STALKER, a write-up on Steam, info on HL:S and more... that's the best $11 purchase I've made in my life.

The picture of HL:S isn't that amazing in contrast to the comparisions of CS:S with vanilla CS, and it doesn't show much, as it's quite a small picture. As stated in the article, it's pretty much a straight port (as opposed to a re-make) that utilises Source's more advanced lighting, physics and shaders. While the models are obviously getting a make-over, it says minimal work has been done on the level textures and what-not.

Heh, yeah, but those Stalker dev diaries are just damn plugs for the game, not like dev diaries used to be... Oh, yeah, and they gave Doom3 a 96% score, peoples.

venturon: Did you find that the episode of Azumanga Daioh on the DVD was in bloody Japanese? Assuming you got the DVD copy, that is...

I will look for it as soon as I find where I put the damn DVD. I could swear I left it on top of the FarCry CD case...

EDIT: Found it! My little brother was watching Azumanga Daioh in the living room. Pop it in your DVD player.

Back