Pc restarts

M

Monarchy

Hey when i go to load half life 2 it goes onto the loading screen then my pc restarts i was wondering what would cause this?

PSU: 450
CPU: Intel P4 2.7 Ghrz
RAM: 512
GFX: NVIDIA XFX GEFORCE 6500 256 PCI-E

Please help, thanks

do you get a blue screen or does it just restart?
it might be your psu or driver

It restarts , the screen goes black then it starts up again, onto the windows start up screen

Sounds like the gfx chip is overheating, the drivers are too old or the psu isnt powerful enough (not sure on the power reqs and how many things are attached to the psu)

The GFX card minimum power requirments are 400watts, the psu came with my xblade case, only problem is its an older 450 watt power supply that has 20 pins. So i bought an adapter for 20 to 24 pins and my pc runs fine, im also running 2 80 mm blue led fans and a 120 blue led fan to keep the system cool but does it draw too much power?

List of things powered in pc:

2 X 80mm Led fans
1 X 120mm led fan
1 X 40 gb hard drive (quite old) could this be the source of the problem?
1 X DVD drive
1 X CD/RW drive
1 X floppy drive

and the processor + its fan, the motherboard and the gfx card.

could i be using to much power?

Monarchy said:
The GFX card minimum power requirments are 400watts, the psu came with my xblade case, only problem is its an older 450 watt power supply that has 20 pins. So i bought an adapter for 20 to 24 pins and my pc runs fine, im also running 2 80 mm blue led fans and a 120 blue led fan to keep the system cool but does it draw too much power?

List of things powered in pc:

2 X 80mm Led fans
1 X 120mm led fan
1 X 40 gb hard drive (quite old) could this be the source of the problem?
1 X DVD drive
1 X CD/RW drive
1 X floppy drive

and the processor + its fan, the motherboard and the gfx card.

could i be using to much power?

Your power supply sounds like it is fine because I had a 350 watt one and I ran more stuff on it than that.

I would check and see what tempurature your video card is running and check the driver for it.

minimum requirements for the 6500 is 400watt???? the 6600 is less then that and 6500 is less powerful

Back