Pcgameplay (Benelux magazine)

L

LAYP

In the attachment is the image that you can find on the frontpage of www.pcgameplay.com please note it is all in dutch. It says that 10 new high res h2 movies should be out and the text in red is a gabe newell interview. The mag should be out first of may.

In computer magazine speak , new=old and already on the internet.

I looked at the pick and I'm not really sure wat you/it is trying to say

It sais, HL2 : first impressions + gabe interview. Also, 10 highres movies of HL2 will be on the dvd of the magazine. But i think the 10 highres movies are the binks we already saw!

Those are probably the old bink videos. It says nowhere they are new

its a barnicle around his neck! nice concept art lol

The blurb doesn't mention that the movies are "new", they're probably just the Bink versions of last year's E3 demo.

Yeah theres 10

1 GMAN
2 Docks
3 Traptown
4 Tunnels
5 Bugbait
6 Barricade
7 Coastline
8 Strider
9 Psyche
10 DX9

lol, well the scan got here first, god bless the super fast hyper speed finger on the button hot off the press internet.

its a barnicle u can see it in the background lol

DEATH eVADER said:
Is Gordon being strangled by a barnicle or Indiana Jones

Hahaha!! What a great whit you have! That's the funniest thing this month.

Brian Damage said:
Is that some new promotional art, or does that mag have its own artist?
Very good question...
It looks like it's official... Same style... Wish I had a closeup. :sleep:

I'm living in the Netherlands so I might be getting it :)
However, I still think the 10 high quality movies are the bink ones, but I'd like some HL2 info and an interview with Gabe, all written in Dutch :)

Its being released a bit later since half life 2 has made an agreement with many magazines and interenet sites about not releasing any information until may 1. So this does promise some new material, about the movies they have already been released via this publication before. I'm not sure if its the same ones. The interview sounds promising.

UK version will be out on the 29th.

weeeeeeee. The front picture ROKS.

I wonder what is that creature , is it the hydra ?

I'v never seen that concept art before, so isn't that technicly new content?

BTW tis a silly picture

its a barnacle and I think its official art. Oh my mistake April 29 it is. P.S. the scan was free advertisement for their mag!

Its good to know that Gordon is in the fray, being strangled to death by an Animal member. Gordon must have a long neck. Too bad the natural evolution of Xen aliens causes them to look different, that barnacle looks like its got a set of lips for itself...Darwin would be pleased...

I think thats Magazine art, doesn't really look too official.

Looks a bit dodgy, thats all, not sure, could well be wrong

I never knew it pcgameplay does its own art or not but when the mag comes out I will scan and post an image of the front cover if the mods here allow it. I see no harm in it since its the cover of the magazine which advertises itself and pcgameplay is not going to sue anybody over it. But that is up to you mods

(who change their avatars at least every second)

PC Gameplay hasn't got their own artists, but they do photoshop screens for the cover sometimes.

it wont be 10 "NEW" video's, i'm pretty sure of that, cause the BINK video's are 10 atm...

01-hl2-g-man.exe
02-hl2-docks.exe
03-hl2-kleiners_lab.exe
04-hl2-traptown.exe
05-hl2-tunnels.exe
06-hl2-bugbait.exe
07-hl2-barricade.exe
08-hl2-coastline.exe
09-hl2-striders.exe
10-hl2-psyche.exe

so, imHo, the new media will have to wait till E3... :/

But one thing: maybe the Strider and Coastline vids are 1024x768 this time, unlike the ones that were recently released (ripped from the CZ cd) with high quality compression. I'd still be very happy, even if it's old.

The barnacle seems to have gotten a makeover with a pair of jaws added, like the pit monster in Return of the Jedi SE. Kewl.

I wonder if it's actually offensive this time rather than just hanging around. They could make the tongue I think in the same way they make cables in the game I think.

PvtRyan said:
I wonder if it's actually offensive this time rather than just hanging around. They could make the tongue I think in the same way they make cables in the game I think.

The concept art does make it look like the tentacles can lash out at people now. I dunno if that would be better than the original kind though.

Mechagodzilla said:
The concept art does make it look like the tentacles can lash out at people now. I dunno if that would be better than the original kind though.

The original ones were quite cool, but they were never really threatening, you just blew them off the ceiling. Some challenge would be nice :)
Maybe they can detect your movement (like the autoturrets) and then suddely lash out at you if they sense you.

PvtRyan said:
The original ones were quite cool, but they were never really threatening, you just blew them off the ceiling. Some challenge would be nice :)
Maybe they can detect your movement (like the autoturrets) and then suddely lash out at you if they sense you.

Bah!

You were obviously not a true barnacle hunter....we real men rode all the way up to the top and then beat them with our crowbar.

Although I often lost health on the fall back down, it was well worth it. :cheese:

TheWart said:
Bah!

You were obviously not a true barnacle hunter....we real men rode all the way up to the top and then beat them with our crowbar.

Although I often lost health on the fall back down, it was well worth it. :cheese:

I use the bull fighters' strategy in my headcrab hunting. It's exhilarating! As for the barnacles, I don't mind their passiveness. I love the great variety of enemies in HL. Besides, it's comical when making a grunt run into a barnacle's grasp.

I never knew this:
How much damage does a barancle do if you get to its mouth, are you a goner or is it <munch><munch><munch> for 25 health each time or something?

hey screenshots count as new media and theres plenty of those in the mags.

The barnacles were rarely ever deadly, especially if you had the shotgun: they were more for the freak factor and for nabbing the NPCs (luring the soldiers into a barnacle was awesome fun: and STILL no game seems to have that sort of interactivity between various characters)

Back