Pcgameplay (Benelux magazine)

there were some freaky occasions where u were crossing a thin platform, or walking under some ceiling tiles, and suddenly the tongue would grab u, and although it was easy to kill them, the struggle to get ur shotgun out in time was always one to get the blood flowing :)

Lobster said:
there were some freaky occasions where u were crossing a thin platform, or walking under some ceiling tiles, and suddenly the tongue would grab u, and although it was easy to kill them, the struggle to get ur shotgun out in time was always one to get the blood flowing :)
shotgun? HAH! blasphemer!
crowbar to the ugly mug was the only way to take em out... that is unless you got sucked up reeeaaaaal high... in that case kiss your ass goodbye.

they shoulda let you swing on em like ropes as you get sucked up. haha thatd be fun

Is there any larger picture of that cover anywhere on the site? I really wanna see that cover art up close..

I wonder if maybe you get to use the barnacle weapon/grapling hook from OP4?

I doubt it: Op4 is apparently not "canon" in the Valve universe. It could have happened, but they are treating it as if it doesn't matter whether it happened or not. So they are unlikely to be taking anything from Op4 to reproduce in HL2, especially since Valve and Gearbox aren't on the best of terms.

G0rgon said:
UK version will be out on the 29th.

weeeeeeee. The front picture ROKS.

I wonder what is that creature , is it the hydra ?

there is no UK version of that mag...

Btw it also says they played HL2! And that theyre going to give their first impressions + a long interview with Gabe also on DVD.

May i add that this mag is not PC Zone or PC Gamer, and that it has always been a source of quite reliable info. If they say they played HL2, then they really played it :)
I'm not so sure about the movies either tho, alot of ppl havent seen those yet btw

Mac said:
they shoulda let you swing on em like ropes as you get sucked up. haha thatd be fun

I think that will happen on the Source engine :naughty:

kalayq said:
I wonder if maybe you get to use the barnacle weapon/grapling hook from OP4?

PC Gamer said they've seen it. I think a couple of other online reviews had it too.

LittleB said:
Is there any larger picture of that cover anywhere on the site? I really wanna see that cover art up close..
`
No, but you can save the picture to your hard disk. I did, but when I zoom in, it doesn't get any sharper. Maybe someone could make it look sharper with photoshop?

Yeah, I just checked. PC Gamer UK said that the barnicle gun thing is back. Which should be interesting...

Apos said:
I doubt it: Op4 is apparently not "canon" in the Valve universe. It could have happened, but they are treating it as if it doesn't matter whether it happened or not. So they are unlikely to be taking anything from Op4 to reproduce in HL2, especially since Valve and Gearbox aren't on the best of terms.
Oh no! Does that mean no genomes? Oh what a shame. Oh well, we'll live :| Ahem.
I'm sure though that I read there might be a barnacle-type gun...
And why are Gearbox and Valve squabbling?

They were cool in the Ps2 version, if a Grunt or Barney got caught on it they would go up shooting their guns in a random spray, was cool seeing a grunt unload his entire clip into his mates :)

About those movies...they already appeared on their DVD at one time or another. Would be a bit strange to put them all on there again. Then again, they probably just are the 10 already released bink videos...

Shooting my first barnacle was an adventure all right.

veel keeskoppen idd :p

(sorry for the dutch)

Dutch pwnz ..

only a couple of days.. BTW ferd, can we expect the pcgamreplay to be in stored before 1 may? or are they very strickt

EVIL said:
Dutch pwnz ..

only a couple of days.. BTW ferd, can we expect the pcgamreplay to be in stored before 1 may? or are they very strickt
no, but if you're a subscriber you may get it a day or two earlier (or later).

Back