PCGamer UK reveals TF2 changes.

More than likely. I can't see Valve snubbing them when there's LIVE.
Remember how Microsoft stopped cross platform play in TF2? It really depends on how much MS hates it's (paying) userbase.

Why do they have to be unlockables, i never bothered with the achievements i now i will have to.

Agreed, unlockables and more emphasis on stats (achievements if yo will) leads to but one outcome. Those players who invest more time and energy into getting the better weapons and stats, and the casual gamer. Those of us who just play for fun, those of us who enjoy being able to complete as closely as possible with "pro" gamers and stand a chance at wiping them across the floor.

I do take some confidence in Valves very thorough screening and testing of new content and content changes though.

But yeah, I hate stat whoring, stats kill games for me TBh because unlike many, I just don't give a shit about headshot ratios in a bloody game.

I doubt the unlockables will be "better" than their original counterparts. If you bothered to read the article, you'd know the unlocks "change the role of the class" not "make that class stronger and gives it a bigger penis".

I doubt the unlockables will be "better" than their original counterparts. If you bothered to read the article, you'd know the unlocks "change the role of the class" not "make that class stronger and gives it a bigger penis".

Yeah, the medic's already hung like a horse with elephantitis. Dick is in his name ffs.

Yeah because we know unlock able weps are shittier.

I'll stick with the soft skepticism that they will not turn out to to be pointless same or weaker weps.

I'm not saying your point isn't valid, I'm just saying it's funnier if I selectively quote parts of your post out of context.

That's how I like most of my quotes anyway :)

Yeah because we know unlock able weps are shittier.

I'll stick with the soft skepticism that they will not turn out to to be pointless same or weaker weps.

The whole point, at least as I understand it, is the new weapons will have different strengths and weaknesses, but not be better (which would a ****ing awful idea).

Say you're holding point and building an uber and the enemy charge in, get wiped out, but manage to take down your medic, which is common. Now when he spawns (if loadouts work this way) he has the option to switch to healing gun which is much better suited to steamrolling the enemy while they try to recover. These kind of choices are all good for a game, improved versions of what we already have are not.

Sounds like a big change, I just hope valve don't **** it up. If it works? TF2 just got better.

I think as long as the weapons are 'different' and not 'better' it will be all good.

Back