Penny Arcades take on VU vs Valve

Nice. And yes, thats a solid metaphore.

failed to mention the fridge sandwich comes with free pickles and chips (cs:s + back catalog)

Hopefully this should get the message through to the plebs. Some of them may be a bit confused by the sandwiches though. :/

:E

I love Penny Arcade when the sketches work. And that works.

lol that is definatly a good one :LOL:

It really doesnt cover the whole issue but i think they make a good point.

Ah, Penny-Arcade. There's a comic in those archives for any situation. The Claw-Shrimp comic is my favorite.

That smile in the second panel is great, too.

LoL, I laughed myself wet when I read that one.

Haha. Penny arcade is awesome for times like this when I understand the point of the comic, and for all the other times when I don't and they just seem like crazy hilariativity.

Very funny, allways liked Penny Arcade.

this is what Tycho of PA had to say a couple weeks ago when the steam options came out.
penny-arcade.com said:
I posted it very late, but it's possible that you saw it already: Valve's Gabe Newell has made the purchase options for Half-Life 2 a matter of public record. The "subscription" option suggested last year around this time seems to have evaporated. Outside of that, there's a couple things that draw the eye.

One, while there are currently no retail options that include Day of Defeat: Source - a game we could reasonably have assumed was in development - there are fully two Steam options which include it. We don't know how much those options actually cost, but it seems like even odds you're better off getting it this way than buying it down the road when it hits retail or emerges in Steam. That's just my belief, and it's not based on anything. Well, except common ****ing sense.

Two, and this is the big one, take a look at those asterisks that denote which items will be available when Half-Life 2 is released, and which ones you'll be able to play immediately. Interesting, huh?

You've probably heard of the legal issues between Vivendi Universal and Valve, and if your experience was anything like mine, everything but the portion dealing with a possible delay of the release appeared as indecipherable dog language. This is the kind of he said/she said dirty laundry bullshit that I find extremely tiresome. At any rate, this is what it boils down to, tactically: Vivendi Universal is absolutely welcome to delay the release out of spite or whimsy or whatever else. Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong. Vivendi wouldn't be the first aggressive, overbearing publisher and Valve wouldn't be the first artist willing to bilk their patron: I don't care, and it's not relevant to the matter at hand. Immediate access to the new Counter-Strike is an extremely powerful incentive to try Steam. Every moment the release is held back, you have to picture one more person thinking, well, you know... I would prefer to buy at retail, but I could be playing Counter-Strike: Source right now...

Digital delivery, man. It just freaks these people out.

Imagine that you had to go to a well every time you wanted water. Then, somebody figured out a way to get the water to come out right inside your house! I don't blame them for being scared. Progress is a bitch.
I got to meet the PA guys at a convention in NJ - really great guys - funny, smart, classy :thumbs:

I dont get it :p

but the stalker one was cool

They had a great one a few days ago as well dealing with Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Yea PA is one of the best comics, ranks up there with Calvin and Hobbes.

Back