People have set their standards too high.

D

Davis

I don't think ANY game could be as good as the game being envisioned by many a half-life fan.

i dont think any thread could be worse than this one

I only have high standards for the modding and gameplay, I doubt Ill enjoy HL2 for its story.

I don't think ANY game could be as good as the game being envisioned by ANY fan, but it's been like this for years.
The imagination is the greatest weapon of the humanity, and translate it to a game is impossible right now (maybe in the future will be close to it, but never at the same level).

Isn't that a bit rash statement? We basically have NO idea of what this is about...

TBH I think the poster is probably quite correct. The hype that has been going on over last few weeks has been huge. I've even found myself getting sucked in (I'm quite old and dont play games much). Anyway its got to be said that perhaps the bubble has burst. Just look at the rantings and ravings going on on this forum, if everyone was sat in a room, there would be a full blown riot going on.

Whose fault it is, well no one really knows, could the hackers, valve or vivendi. Dont forget that Vivendi do have the final say as to when it will be released they are after all the publisher.

Will Valve say anything, will we all end up with boot leg version, will we all forget about HL2 and move onto other things...only time will tell.

Half Life 2 will wind up being like Star Wars Episode 1: Phantom Menace and Episode 2: Attack of the Clones-

Hugely hyped sequels that turned out to be a poorly told, poorly acted story hiding behind a special effects bonanza.

Luckily for me - I am very fickle and when it comes to video games, I'll take Special Effects over a good story any day of the week!

Back