Do you think it will?

• Yes

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 72.9%

• Total voters

Kristafon

Reaction score
Who thinks that HL2 will be given the full 10.0 be either Gamespot or IGN?

around 9. i cant recall any game that has gotten a 10 ?

They will whine about the main menu. That's it. 99% score.

soul calibur for the dreamcast got a 10 on gamespot, but i don't think HL2 will. I'm thinking a 9.4

it'll be a high 9. i hope. ...wow it would be totally weird if halflife2 got a lowwwww score... like a 6.5 "well folks, we here at IGN are shell shocked... never has a game with such high hopes... tanked so badly..."

hehe...

i think 9.8 at most, 9.5 at least...

The way I look at it is that even if HL2 has no surprises left(which I'm certain it still does) and the main portion of the game is mediocre, just getting to play what we have seen will be a blast and better than an average FPS; striders, manipulator, City 17, the interesting characters, so many physical objects, etc.
Yet we still know so little about what happens in the game and how the characters, settings and enemies fit into the game and I'm sure Valve have come up with some good stuff.
I can't see the game getting lower than a mid-eight on Gamespot (at least on par with Doom3). I do not expect a 10 because little is known about the game, the reviewer has his/her own preferences and a perfect game is near impossible to make.

i say that itl be around 9.5, and only a few games have gotten a 10/10. One, I can remember, from both IGN and Gamespot, was Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

No game is perfect.

I repeat...No game is perfect.

But I say PCGamer will award it with an Editor's Choice Award and a 97%.

its almost imposable to get 10.0 but its possable... so i really have no idea it could go either way but if i had to guess it would get 10.0, cause its hl2 i mean come on!

it will be between 8.0 and 9.5 - depends if the (too) high expectations everyone sets in this game are met or not.

just look at dx2 :(

If any game can get a perfect 10, it's Half Life 2. Of course, given that everyone's opinion is different, they could not give it a 10 even when many others would say it's deserving of it, so really, I don't particually care how the review sites rate it. Though I'd imagine it'd be in the high 9s, if not 10.

PC Gamer UK gave Half-Life 96%. That's the only game they've ever given that rating to. They respect that games can never be perfect.

Gamespot however claims that the pinnacle of Game Developement was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on the Playstation 2. According to them, no PS2 has better graphics, gameplay, sound, value or Tilt (Whatever the hell tilt is).

So, yeah, Half-Life 2 won't get 100% in any respectable gaming mags. I don't think PC Gamer UK will give it 96% like it did Half-Life either. I'm expecting something in the 90% - 94% region.

I actually had a dream that I got a Half-Life 2 review and it ended up with 62%. I can't remember the reasons why it got that, but I was shocked. I think I need to spend more time away from the forums if that's the best my subconscious can offer in way of a nightmare.

Feath said:
PC Gamer UK gave Half-Life 96%. That's the only game they've ever given that rating to. They respect that games can never be perfect.

Gamespot however claims that the pinnacle of Game Developement was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on the Playstation 2. According to them, no PS2 has better graphics, gameplay, sound, value or Tilt (Whatever the hell tilt is).

So, yeah, Half-Life 2 won't get 100% in any respectable gaming mags. I don't think PC Gamer UK will give it 96% like it did Half-Life either. I'm expecting something in the 90% - 94% region.

I actually had a dream that I got a Half-Life 2 review and it ended up with 62%. I can't remember the reasons why it got that, but I was shocked. I think I need to spend more time away from the forums if that's the best my subconscious can offer in way of a nightmare.

Tilt is what the reviews personal opinion on the game as a whole and he can "tilt" it in one direction. For example if a games graphics arent amazing, the sound is just avergae and the gameplay has a few problems, the reviewer could give it a full tilt score because its an amazing game, even if it has problems.

UndercoverBob said:
valve dosent make averything perfect richochet anyone

Ricochet was exactly what it said on the tin, a fun tiny thing to play with friends on a lunchtime. I had masses of fun with it when it first came out, despite someone declaring that it was "Gay" every 3 minutes.

I think gamespot will give it a 8.5 and most other reviews a 9

Back