Performance Issue

R

rjw209

I've had Half-Life 2 now for a couple months and it's been running like a charm on my system. I have an Athlon 64 3200+, 1024 MB PC-3200, NVidia FX 5200 Video card. I also rolled back to the 71.89 video drivers.

Like I said, it was running great on my machine until this past weekend I noticed some serious performance issues.
A) When I open CS Source, and click update server list, it only returns about 4 or 5 servers, and when I click on most of them I receive a "Server is out of date" error..

B) When I can connect to a server in CS Source, or when I even try to play the regular Half-Life 2, the video is extremely choppy/laggy. I'll have an 8 ping in a server, but it will look like I have a 300+ ping.. Looks the same during Half-Life 2..

Since the last time I remember successfully playing the game, I've done the following:

Installed windows updates:
Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885884)
Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool (KB873374)
Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB886903)

Installed Visual Studio .NET 2003 and it's respective libraries..

Anybody have any idea what's causing these problems, or how to fix them?

I had something similar and what fixed it for me was removing my graphics card drivers,then used driver clean to get rid of any old bits of driver and then re-installed them again.
Problem solved....for me anyhow.

Back