Perils of Summer Sale: Sunday Update!

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1277406968_salebanner.png
[br]Valve, in their almighty wisdom, have realised that being outside just isn't safe any more. From big oil spills to little viruses other people have, to the ear-bleeding noise of vuvuzelas, being outside is the worst place anyone can be right now.[br]So to make up for it, Valve have started the Perils of Summer Sale. From now until July 4th, gamers can expect incredible savings off many titles, including special 1-day sales where prices of some games will be cut up to 90%![br]As an extra precaution, Valve advise you add extra sunscreen, because these savings are hot![br]Valve have added an encore sale of all the top sellers from the summer sale, good news for customers, bad news for those of us trying to point out the best deals. Regardless, here are some highlights:
  • Civilisation IV Complete has made a 75% price drop to ?6.24 ($9.48). An empire for that much is incredible!
  • Red Faction Guerilla has blown up its previous price, reducing it to a pile of rubble costing ?3.75 ($5.69).
  • Crime epic Grand Theft Auto IV is now ?4.99 ($7.58), perfect for getting your kids started with theft early, as this is practically a steal!
[br]So get buying, this is the last day of the sale, and is full of so many good deals to pass up.

I wish I could just get Battlefront 2 on sale but instead of having the pieces of the pack on sale, you have to buy all of them to get any reduction. Lame.

My thread was first. :p

Anyway I'm hoping for a 50% off L4D2 sale sometime during this event.

YES! amazing. I love you, Valve.

Now I can buy Bioshock 2! :3

Is the Witcher or Dark Messiah worth 6 bucks?

Great, gonna get a load of games to play during the long, long summer holiday.(assuming there will be some interesting deals)

I'm hoping that Mass Effect goes on sale for this. It's the game I want right now the most.

Holy ****! I all ready have like $170 games!! maybe I'll get a few dozen more now

Bought Trine, why haven't I heard more about this game? Played 30 minutes and it was quite good.

Looks like Lead and Gold finally released the dedicated servers files and they cut the price in half.

Been wanting to try it out for a while now.

Any decent MP games that im missing out on?

Gonna pick up the CoD collection.

Edit: Just saw the Novalogic pack :eek: Thats me sorted for the next few weeks :D Loved Delta Force 2! Do people still play it online?

some people stated over a game of TF2 that you should avoid buying bioshock over steam, due to issues. I'm curious as to weather I should get bioshock 2 off of steam cause 15 bucks is a sweet deal.

What the hell...

It says Overlord II = £6.79, yet the Overlord Pack (Includes 3 items: Overlord™, Overlord™: Raising Hell, Overlord II) = £3.75?

Someone want to find a catch I'm not seeing?

REPLY QUICK!!!!

Too late, I bought the pack.

...and this is why I love Steam.

Bought The Witcher and World of Goo for today, I'll probably buy more throughout the next two weeks.

some people stated over a game of TF2 that you should avoid buying bioshock over steam, due to issues. I'm curious as to weather I should get bioshock 2 off of steam cause 15 bucks is a sweet deal.

You shouldn't buy Bioshock 2 period.

Why has no one said that it is winter :( Summer was months ago. KEEP UP STEAM! (oh and nothing I am really interested in).

Holy ****! I all ready have like $170 games!! maybe I'll get a few dozen more now

Dude, how do you have so much time and money on your hands? Seriously. Usually people either have time or money but not both. No fair. :hmph:
...:p

Bought Trine, why haven't I heard more about this game? Played 30 minutes and it was quite good.

How segmented is Trine? Like are there a lot of frequent good stopping points in the game? (Yes, this is my now my main criterion for whether I buy/play a game anymore.)

Just saw that an Introversion 4-game pack is only $5. I may get that even though I already own Darwinia (not on Steam though) and have no interest in Multiwinia. But $5 is a good deal and I like Introversion.

Won't matter, steam requires online as well. Unless you have terrible connectivity problems.

Comparison with Steam doesn't work since Steam doesn't require you to be online 100% of the time and doesn't pause the game or kick you to the menu when you lose connection.

hmmmmm what games to buy....this is like Christmas!! E3 last week and now Steam deals this week. I can't wait till my mini vacation in July, I'm going to game the hell out of everything

I really want Alpha Protocol to go on sale :(

Wow. They sure know how to sell me some games. :hmph:

I just bought The Witcher.

I liked the witcher in the beginning but it becomes repetitious towards the middle of the game and takes awhile to finally beat.

considering getting Assault on Dark Athena but not sure if I'll like it that much although I liked the first riddick game quite a lot.

Oh god damn it. I got a good summer job and now I'm going to spend all my money on this. Very tempted to get the Telltale game pack. Any other recommendations?

Oh god damn it. I got a good summer job and now I'm going to spend all my money on this. Very tempted to get the Telltale game pack. Any other recommendations?

A few games are like $1.75 or something like that. those prices aren't too steep

Just bought the Witcher as well. Looks like it's going to be awesome, and only £4.50.

WTF I was just about to buy Killing Floor. I added it to my cart at £3.75 . Now it's £15.

No sale.

Back