Peter Jackson presents District 9

It's even more relevant to have Jackson mentioned in this case than it often is for other producers. Jackson has very clearly been championing Blokamp as the next big science fiction director, with one of the reasons that a Halo movie is no longer happening is that when the studio said no to Jackson's pick of Blokamp as the director, Jackson refused to budge. He's got that much faith in the guy.

Somehow it looked interesting until it turned out we're talking about aliens.

The CGI looked unimpressive BTW.

When people see this trailer in theaters they will say "Ooo, Peter Jackson, isn't he the one who directed Brain Dead?"

They're more likely to say "Ooo, Peter Jackson, isn't he the one who directed Lord of the Rings?"

Samon, that statement will carry weight when you remake the Lord of the Rings trilogy better than he did.

The Frighteners was pretty damn good too.

Samon, that statement will carry weight when you remake the Lord of the Rings trilogy better than he did.

Don't make me.

Well, I did enjoy the trilogy, moreso than the books. But he's still overrated.

I'll watch it purely for the South African accents.

By far the best accent in the world.

It actually looks really good.
Saw a tv-spot and I'm actually looking forward to it now.

So looking forward to this, if just for the visuals. Giant spacecrafts hovering above cities with huge wires dangling down into unknown regions? Makes me want to play HL2 and see the Citadel for the first time again.

:D

gotta hand it to jackson for using unknowns and taking a chance with the director and writer as they've only worked on short viral films ..District 9 is a remake of one them

Looking forward to this, mostly cause it looks awesome and also because I wrote a story a few years back that seems sort of similar to this.

holy crap...must see this. but why does the trailer spoil so much???

I'll watch it purely for the South African accents.

By far the best accent in the world.

Clearly you've never been to N.Ireland, the accent is pretty similar if you talk to the hoodies/louts.

This topic is missing Tempbot.

Out of everything, this is the film I'm looking forward to seeing most. I love all of Blomkamp's work. I just need to see if he can amaze me for more than five minutes at a time.

I cannot wait to see this, it looks very HL2 universe-ish. However, the dude hooked up in a mechsuit doing jumps and shit really put me off.

August 14th can't come soon enough, looks sweet

holy crap...must see this. but why does the trailer spoil so much???

Not really, we still don't know if their agenda is Hostile or Peaceful despite the trailers depicting Humans are in fact the bad guys. They are probably developing these weapons because of desperation and their ever growing desire to get home, whatever the cost.

Yeah I'm also watching Alive in Joburg which is his short film, which the movie is based on

And mech suits make a small appearance in that also, so they were somewhat expected. I doubt this is going to be "Robot Jocks 2: Roll Out" or anything.

My friend and I saw the trailer for this when we saw Terminator, i'm pretty sure he thinks it's an action movie about aliens invading earth. :|

Jackson is ludicrously overrated.

I've been entertained by every one of his movies. Even his b-movies, such as Bad Taste. You really shouldn't complain about Jackson's exposure when hacks like Michael Bay and Brett Ratner seem to get a lot more attention these days. Besides, he didn't write or direct it.

Who else called the number in the trailer? God I love viral marketing like this. Film looks great.

District 9 was one of my favorite, if not favorite movie of the last decade, will definitely buy that book.

ZT, I know you think highly of your brother, and with all due respect, it gets a bit old hat hearing about your brother dude, fair play, he has a job in movies going for himself, could you speak of him in moderation, please.

**** you. ZT, I love hearing about your brother. I think it's awesome.

I never said couldn't stop talking about him, it just seems like he bragging about him an awful lot to me.

its kind of like a kid with all the latest toys, its cool you have 'em, and fair play if you got 'em but bragging about it, thats another story.

I enjoyed District 9 a lot, but I can't say I ever found any of the weapons, creatures, or technology all that visually striking original, to be completely honest.

I feel bad about my life, too :( You're so cool, ZT

ZT, I know you think highly of your brother, and with all due respect, it gets a bit old hat hearing about your brother dude, fair play, he has a job in movies going for himself, could you speak of him in moderation, please.

wtf? stfu

go eat a dick

Dude, a full scale Arc Generator is sick. Wish I had one...

Awesome.

Not $500 awesome, IMO, but awesome nonetheless...

Some nice toys he has on his wall behind him, too...

I see a Predator mask, and a mask from the Immortals in 300...

The hat I'd guess is the sand-dude's gasmask from Hellboy?

hope you enjoy your new sex toy ^____^

that does look awesome. I'd take it to a protest and wear some crazy ass alien costume too just to scare some zealots and police

Back