1.online petitions never work
2.hl1 is 10 bux
3.no non-source game is ever bundled with source games

1.online petitions never work
2.hl1 is 10 bux
3.no non-source game is ever bundled with source games

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Except the old Silver/Gold packs that had the back catalog. Or SiN Episodes: Emergence, which had SiN. May be others I'm forgetting.

You mean the original HL1 or HL:source? (Not that there is much difference)

I say you wait for Black Mesa : Source to be released. It looks kickass and its free!!

o yea i forgot about the back catalog.
also i hope bms isnt free. do you know how much work those guys put into that??

Probably valve will acquire it like they did with GMod. Those guys do deserve something cause they seem to be doing an awesome job with BMS. Wish they'd hurry up though.

those guys at bms just know that valve gonna acquire it i bet... i think valve always wanted to make a hl1 remake in the new source engine.. it'll just be the case of gmod. a fifty-fifty split of money gained via steam..

You get 3 games for the price of one, and still you are not satisfied... that's sad.

I got CS,HL1,TFC,Op4, and BS. Off ebay actually. Pretty glad they work perfect. And it was only $15. Last Summer

Bulletbrain said:
Probably valve will acquire it [BM:S] like they did with GMod.

I think this is very likely. Remember how Valve actually commented (on Steam anyway) when the BM:S crew won the ModDB upcoming mod of the year thing? If they're acknowledging it, they may very well want to acquire it.

Valve commented on Zombie Master too - doesn't mean they want to buy it.

Valve wouldn't want to buy BMS. They made Half-Life and have already ported it (unsuccessfully) to Source.

EDIT: Some post 1000 :p

Putting Half-Life 1 on the Orange Box only kinda makes sense for the console version. But it is an old game and they would have to spend too much time updating it for it to be worthwhile.

Valve wouldn't want to buy BMS. They made Half-Life and have already ported it (unsuccessfully) to Source.

EDIT: Some post 1000 :p

Be careful about boasting your post count. I saw this one guy who did it too much and got it moved down. God, his anger over something so trivial was hilarious, they way he thought everyone cared. :p

I would happily pay for it and may even feel a bit guilty taking it for free. But, having said that, it's the same deal for any other mod.

They should include HL1 in the PS3 / 360 version really, since should the Orange Box be successful (and i'm almost certain that it won't since it's going toe to toe with Halo 2 Episode 2 and all thirty, non-Japanese PS3 owners are paying off their mortgages) forums like this one will be inundated with people who don't have a clue what's going on (they're like every other Half-Life player, but for the fact that PC players realise that they're supposed to not really understand :p).

But then, Valve probably want to hold some extra content back for their Episode 3 console release (though, I suspect they've got something even bigger than TF2 / Portal up their sleeve for that. It doesn't really make sense for them to have given console gamers 5/6ths of a storyline and then say 'here's the rest. 20 dollars please')

There should be a bundle with HL1 when they've completed the series, and then they'll probably remake/update it. How's this look:
HL1
HL2
HL2 Ep.1
HL2 Ep.2
HL2 Ep.3
HL3
HL3 Episodes(maybe)

@ OP. You want Valve to port another game (Which uses an entirly different engine that has never been ported to the Xbox 360) to the Xbox 360? Stop being greedy and buy HL1. Even if your PC is absolute shit it is unlikly that a modern computer won't run HL1. If you have anything (Not including macs or very old machines) is should run HL1.

@ BM discussion. I highly doubt that Valve will hire the BM team, if only because Valve, IIRC, is made up of just over 100 people and the BM team, IIR, is about 30. That would increase their staff size by 33%.

I think they should have BMS when it comes out to be included with OJBOX for the 360 and whatnot. :D

@ OP. You want Valve to port another game (Which uses an entirly different engine that has never been ported to the Xbox 360) to the Xbox 360?
Moar Sauce? Half-Life Sauce.

Valve will never buy up Black Mesa. It's enough of a gesture that they allow a group of fans to remake something to which they have no legal right to. Valve cannot thereafter claim ownership of what the Black Mesa team have made, and additionally wouldn't want to, since distributing it would effectively send the message that the entire content of BM is canon, when they have no creative control over it whatsoever. If someone in the fanfiction forum created a novelization of the Half-Life series, would you expect Valve to pay them for it and offer them a job?

edit: I for one would certainly not pay money for Black Mesa. I appreciate what they do, but that's a business venture too far in my eyes.

Valve will never buy up Black Mesa. It's enough of a gesture that they allow a group of fans to remake something to which they have no legal right to. Valve cannot thereafter claim ownership of what the Black Mesa team have made, and additionally wouldn't want to, since distributing it would effectively send the message that the entire content of BM is canon, when they have no creative control over it whatsoever. If someone in the fanfiction forum created a novelization of the Half-Life series, would you expect Valve to pay them for it and offer them a job?

edit: I for one would certainly not pay money for Black Mesa. I appreciate what they do, but that's a business venture too far in my eyes.

x2.

Yeah, Black Mesa will definitely be free. I think I read somewhere that since Valve made the SDK, only they decide whether a mod built with it gets sold or not, like with Gmod. Feel free to correct me, though.

Yeh, part of the SSA stipulates that you can only use the SDK for non-commercial purposes unless you get Valve's say-so.

Even if they have the engine ported I'm sure that tossing HLS onto the Xbox version isn't a simple task and will take moar time. People are complaining enough about delays as it is (read: I'd prefer if there were as few delays as nessisary before I gets to play mah game)

x3

Back