Pettition to the Mods/Admins...

A2597

Reaction score
OK, This whole place is getting out of hand.

Almost every thread has namecalling, cursing, Valve Bashing, other user bashing, etc.

So, I'm petitioning you guys in power to do something. Preferably handing out bans. Or a warning level system. Or even the highly famous "Ban Me' thread idea from Atari that was VERY helpful over there during UT2k4's release.
(The ban me thread, for those that don't know, means ANYONE that replies, is IP banned. They are given plenty of warning of course in the original post. Surprisingly, it cleared out about 500 members, and that place has been ALOT nicer ever since).

But seriously, this place is becoming worse then an AOL chatroom full of 12 year old CS Cheaters.
So please, take some sort of action. Take on more mods if it's to large a workload for the current members, but lets try to re-civilize this forum.

I agree. I'd love to moderate some punk ass :D

You should get this guy to moderate the forums ;)
http://forum.neocron.com/search.php?searchid=151559
he is known for cleaning up posts of whines and flames ect :p

well that whole forum seems to be policed more with flames and whines being removed.

I think HL2.net admins are being too light atm :) buckle down and wear out that ban button ;)

Some temp bans wont do much harm

Make me a moderator.

I'll ban anyone who makes a single grammar/spelling mistake.

Including myself.

lLoll!wsa!

I've seen threads that have been viewed and edited by Moderators that have absolutely disgusting posts from forum trolls - yet the trolls go completely unpunished... how on earth can you expect to stop this behaviour if it is neither recognised nor punished?

I'm with you also, A2597 for Moderator !!

If you check, most of the threads have been closed latly, to much 12 year old, I agree.

You, know, we do need some new blood for moderators, we could have some elections.

If anyone's gonna be a mod it's gonna be me cause I got a cool username. Fizzzzzzlephhhhhox... just saying it feels good.

Adrien C said:
You, know, we do need some new blood for moderators, we could have some elections.

oooooor, maybe a Mod will ban you for saying we need new mods cause the ones we have no aren't cutting it. i hope they do.

Pitbul said:
oooooor, maybe a Mod will ban you for saying we need new mods cause the ones we have no aren't cutting it. i hope they do.

Hey, you are so cool and edgy, oh yay. You must be trying really hard to live up to your cool and edgy nickname.

I said many times, make people pay for registering here and it will clean more then half of this rotten community. If you are not old enough to pay, well guess what, too bad hah.

And you need to take your 12 year old ass back to CS

nw909 said:
Make me a moderator.

I'll ban anyone who makes a single grammar/spelling mistake.

Including myself.

lLoll!wsa!
You have my vote!

Adrien C said:

But do not ever come near DoD. For the love of god stay away from DoD!

Adrien C said:

I'm not affiliated with any government orginization and I approve this message.

We have been cracking down on these problems as much as possible, handing out bans only when necessary.

Well, pall, HL2 is coming we must give the example. Poeple cross the line to much.

Yea you will need to prepare. CSS and then HL2 there's gonna be a flood of retards coming. You're gonna need to pull out the old anti-b!tch stick and smack some b!tches up.

Yep, we need to preper the defences, sand bags, AAs, you name it.
Plus I heard about the spoiler attacks also, we need to get ready.

Adrien C said:
Yep, we need to preper the defences, sand bags, AAs, you name it.
Plus I heard about the spoiler attacks also, we need to get ready.
Mortors, mines, robotic defence lasers, barbed wire, and airstrikes. I think that should make us well prepared.

We need to hire more moderators

We do as best as we can, just use the report post option, we all get an email when you submit one.

We're doing our best, our newest staff member has been doing a good job, and were revising some rules that should help out.

Not all of us can surf the forums 24/7 clearing up flames

SpuD said:

We do as best as we can, just use the report post option, we all get an email when you submit one.

We're doing our best, our newest staff member has been doing a good job, and were revising some rules that should help out.

Who is the newest one?

SpuD said:

Lies, you can, you're not upping the effort, I can surf 24/7 tho ;)

SpuD said:

Do you have any mods that are Australian or on another timeline then the UK or America? Because everytime i go on there's like 1 or two mods on

I'm here a lot of the time, but i'm so easily ticked off... everyone would be banned within 24 hours if I was given any sort of control :p

Icarus said:
Ok I thought so because I was wondering where the hell you came from.

*edit*
I love you! I just went to the hl2 sections and saw two retarded threads closed!

I agree, I'd like to be a mod here, as its the only forum I really go to, but I have not been here long enough to be considered *shrug*

But a "Ban me" thread would be good. About what Mr. Reak said, I dont think paying to reg will help. I mean look at the Something awfull forums.

but remember being a mod would entail having to capitalize everything and check your spelling. and not being able to say rofl and wtf. lol

poseyjmac said:
but remember being a mod would entail having to capitalize everything and check your spelling. and not being able to say rofl and wtf. lol

I dont think you will need to cap everything..

I Mean That Would Look Silly Yes? :p

dang.
i posted my thoughts on this site about whats been going on over the last month or so in this thread but yeah.. i agree, things have sorta started going downhill recently... and the staff/mods need to change that.

SomethingAwful.com have their own culture, so yeah. I actually not sure if paying would solve anything, but hey, maybe some people would stop trolling this forum, I mean not a lot of people want to get banned for doing stupid shit and lose money over it. Then again, some people are so unbelievably stupid, that it wouldn’t surprise me that trolls would still exist.

Heh, if I ever became a mod, which is highly unlikely, oh god, I would ban people left and right, because quite frankly there are too many idiots in general discussion. However, I would make a sticky, telling which people I banned and for what reasons. Being stupid newb is a good reason to be banned for anyway.

The Mistress said:
I dont think you will need to cap everything..

I Mean That Would Look Silly Yes? :p

NOT AS SILLY AND ANNOYING AS THIS

Don't let this thread get out of hand. Bring it back On Topic.

People need to know they can and certainly should do their part aswell. Use the report post instead of posting "in before lock". Just because you're not a moderator doesn't mean you can help them with reporting if you run into a bad post while reading through a thread.
They are (surprisingly) only human beings and reading through loong threads just to find bad posts is very time-consuming, to say the least. Do your part and give them a helping hand, I'm positive they'd appreciate if more people started reporting bad posts and stopped making such stupid remarks and comments in a thread whose fate they are very aware of.

In fact, posting "in before lock" repeatedly is so bad, I'm f*cking making a list right now and I'll put anyone who posts "in before lock" on it together with a link to the respective post, and attach the list to an e-mail depatched to one of the moderators if I see someone making more than 5 posts of this nature.
They don't contribute to anything and letting repeated offenses go unpunished is a good way to encourage more people to do the same.

The moderators are doing an extraordinary job however, people shouldn't bash them just for putting all effort in making this place such a wonderful place. Remember the saying "If you do things right, people won't know you've done anything at all". :D

I think the mods are already doing a wonderful job...To tell the truth I haven't seen much flaming going on, but I usually stay in OT.

I think bans need to be given freely. Let The Dark Elf, Abom, and now Icarus take care of the dirty work. They are really good at that. I also think that the other mods shouldn't be afraid to ban people. I would like to see them take a more aggresive stance on banning until it starts to settle down. Then they can go back to their regular routines.

Even in the past, the HL2 discussion forum has a decent amount of flaming and insulting going on in it. Recently, it has gotten a lot worse and has started to really creep in the other off-topic forums which worries me. HL2 used to be a really friendly community, which is why I joined. I don't get that feeling anymore.

I also think there should be a brief period where people who are banned are to be made an example of. IE, locking their thread and banning them outright (maybe even sticky it). People will get the hint rather quickly if it is done on a large scale.

With that said, I really like the moderators here. There are a wide variety of personalities which makes the forum a more diverse and better place to post. We need to have the hard and serious mods just as much as we need the mods who are willing to strike up a conversation in a thread.

Back