phyics in hl3 maybe

I like that a lot. It shows pain during rag doll physics. It's realistic. It's good.

I don't blame droper for posting this twice, right now, there are problems with the server.

I'm pretty sure this is possible in the source engine.
It is more physics than there is ragdoll.

hmm, interesting. i've ben thinking about this for a while .. like "someday they should be able to do so and so blah blah" it seems they've done it already!!

Oh man... I'd love to mess around with that program. I wanna get my hands on it somehow... I just don't think that'll happen though...

Originally posted by AmishSlayer
Oh man... I'd love to mess around with that program. I wanna get my hands on it somehow... I just don't think that'll happen though...

ok i so want that but.....

i saw at the end of the long demo, a lady stuck to some chains, and i saw a hilly area, with a ship on smoke, a person running, then the ship explodes and the person goes flying.

what i am trying to say is, can u make that hilly area, and the cartoon effects, and the detail on that lady trapped to the chains?

Hmm, that was actually quite impressive. Detail was great, especially with the character showing pain where the point of impact was.

I'm pretty sure that kind of physics/moves is able to do in Source.

Originally posted by commando
ok i so want that but.....

i saw at the end of the long demo, a lady stuck to some chains, and i saw a hilly area, with a ship on smoke, a person running, then the ship explodes and the person goes flying.

what i am trying to say is, can u make that hilly area, and the cartoon effects, and the detail on that lady trapped to the chains?

No, this program exports to mo-cap data whic is used to animater characters you make in other programs like 3d Studio Max, or XSI.

Actually Source wouldn't be able to do this. I mean...it dosn't use that kind of technology......you could possibly write code for it.....but you'd have to write a whole friggn' bunch of code.
Some one should send the link to that site to Gabe or somthing. I bet he'd be pretty interested.

hl3!

Source doesn't mix animations with ragdoll physics... you either have one or the other. This would be great for HL3. Computers will definately be able to handle it in games by the time HL3 is nearing release.

It would be cool to see an enemy get knocked back by a blast and fall off a ledge... then he catches with one hand and climbs back up.
If you throw a grenade just right he can catch it and throw it back at you.
There are just so many situations that this would allow that pure physics doesn't.

Who knows... maybe the Source engine is upgradable enough to allow them to add this later along with new graphical features as they become available. Long live Source!

This tool is used to create animations, not model physics.

if you guys didnt notice, this is ARTIFICIAL INTELIGENCE, not physics. They learn from their mistakes too, its friggen awsome.

Actually HAVOK supports keyframed ragdoll physics. So you can blend animations with ragdoll effects.

Sorry if im wrong, but this isn't done in real time, so unless the animator points that big arrow :)cheese: ) into every possible place that a player might shoot (that's alot of locations) and save each one as a seperate animation, this woudn't work for a FPS, where a player can shoot in alot of places, no?

Ragdoll, on the other hand, happens in real time, after the death of a character... But I can see this being used in the near future... heh

endorphin highlights

Create Human Motions - in Real Time
endorphin works by applying AI behaviours to a biomechanical simulation of a human. This means that you can interact with your animations in real-time.
Creating an elaborate fighting scene becomes a matter of minutes - creating realistic football tackles a matter of seconds.
Use endorphin's massive productivity gains to accelerate your hero-shot productions or create vast amounts of mocap data for crowd scenes.

It isn't real time, because you have to export the animation data to another program to then apply it to a model. However, maybe it can be incorporated into an existing game engine, thus allowing it to be "real-time"

Back