Physics Sandbox Map

DieScreaming

Reaction score
I hope someone in the future makes a physics sandbox map. You know like have a bunch of cool stuff to stretch the physics engine as far as it can go, a map could have some of the following...
1. Barrel Pyramid
2. Explosive Barrel Pyramid
3. Dominoes using boards or the wood pallets
4. Giant tower of mattresses
5. Another Pachinko machine like the E3 demo
6. Ramp for rolling barrles
7. Target Practice with gravity guns
8. any there are many more cool things you could do

Another thing you could do in the map is make a little combat simulator where you are put in a 3 sided box or room and you have to use the materials giving to build a wall to protect yourself from soldiers. Different levels could be made by how many soldiers what you have to build the wall with, how many enemies, how fast they come, etc.

"Pinko" was a derogatory term for someone who was sympathetic to the Communist Party during the Cold War but not an outright Communist themselves... now it's mostly used by people on the extreme right to describe anyone who doesn't share their views. I think you probably meant "pachinko." :LOL:

OCybrManO said:
"Pinko" was a derogatory term for someone who was sympathetic to the Communist Party during the Cold War but not an outright Communist themselves... now it's mostly used by people on the extreme right to describe anyone who doesn't share their views. I think you probably meant "pachinko." :LOL:

:LOL: Then a pinko machine would refer to their car? :LOL:

im a big time map maker of HL and i got a ton of ideas for maps im gonna make heres what i got so far:

ROPE NET
HOUSE MADE OF WOOD
MILE HIGH STONE PILLERS
ROPE ATTACHED TO ROTATING OBJECT WITH BARRELS ON OTHER END OF ROPE
PILLER BEING HELD UP BY WEAK WOOD SUPPORTS
TONS OF LARGE OBJECTS WITH CRANE NEAR BY
STACK 50 BARRELS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER
TONS OF BARRELS ON A CONVAOR BELT FALLING ONTO A WOODEN PLATFORM
EXPLOSIVE BARRELS MAP
STRIDER WAR
A GIANT BRICK WALL
A GIANT WALL OF EXPLOSIVE BARRELS
A MAP OF WATER
A MILE HIGH RAMP
VEHICLE MAP
ROPE ATTACHED TO ROTATING OBJECT WITH COMBINES ON OTHER END OF ROPE
GIANT CROSSBOW
HIGH SPEED CRAIN
BUNGY NET
CATAPOLT
BIG BOWLING
EXPLOSIVE BOWLING

if anyone can think of anything else that would be fun to do please post it here.

Well, how are we going to use a gravity gun, when we have no Half-Life 2 Deathmatch yet?

We certainly can't use CS:Source for that...Then there wouldn't be a gravity gun...

IT NEEDS A RESET BUTTON! Like for each thing, so you can topple a tower, "bink" and its bacK!

All the ideas sound good, so, someone get building!! lol

Ok how about a massive trampolene with proper physics and stuff. And you can throw stuff onto it...

Also, how about like the house made of wood, but mde all of individual bricks, that you can drive a buggy into. XD

-Giant explosive slinky on a giant assending escalator
-A landmine covered hillside with a ragdoll cow on top
-A giant waterslide
-A hole to the center of a hollow planet (at the middle you bouce down then up then settle at the core)
-Glass building with glass ceiling/floors with giant explosive falling rocks
-Toilet factory with explosive diarrhea(LOL)

Once I get to grips with the physics in HL2 the first major thing I create will be a working car engine. Shouldn't be too hard :) the only part that I will have to cheat with is the petrol.

i actually lol with some of the suggestions, great ideas! .. i hadn't been thinking in this way, focusing on the physics, but it's interesting we can build things that actually aren't possible(like glass houses with rotating spheres in each room that shoot colored pulsing lasers, with an animated watersculpture of a mermaid out front, and giant moving bugs that have interiors you can enter into..)
gee, the more i think about it the more mind boggling it becomes.. the sdk comes out within the next few days and many of the things mentioned will be possible!

Sorry, I'm new to hammer... how do you add explosive barrels and such?

Back