Pick just ONE weapon to add...

Yeah, that stealth feature doesn't work. I tried pistoling another guy in the back of the head.

You remember in Nova Prospekt, where you first find your friendly turrets and have to hold out until Alyx pops through the ceiling? Yeah, there's a dude stood with his back (almost) to you. It doesn't work there.

It didn't have a crowbar. And I don't believe it had a crossbow, either.

It definately had a Crossbow!

I still remember the rambo-style-pop-outta-the-water-and-put-an-arrow-in-your-face thing I did in a canal somewhere in OpFor.

You had a sniper. Not a crossbow.

You are probably thinking of Half-Life.

I've definitly gotten more accurate shooting from the glock than the USB. And the glock isn't really weaker, the overwatch soldiers just have alot less health than the HECU troops.

Well that might be human era because the USP round always goes to the dead center of the cross-hair.
Well I don't know how you can enjoy the glock more if it takes so much to bring down enemies. For whatever reason it just feels nerfed at the higher difficulties.

It definately had a Crossbow!

I still remember the rambo-style-pop-outta-the-water-and-put-an-arrow-in-your-face thing I did in a canal somewhere in OpFor.
impulse 101.

The only way to get the crossbow in Opposing Force single player.

Yeah, that stealth feature doesn't work. I tried pistoling another guy in the back of the head.

You remember in Nova Prospekt, where you first find your friendly turrets and have to hold out until Alyx pops through the ceiling? Yeah, there's a dude stood with his back (almost) to you. It doesn't work there.
I'm not sure why it didn't work there, but it does work.

EDIT: Whoops. I forgot I'd already posted in here. >_>
My apologies for the double post.

I've done it. It does work, even if it is stupid.

I want the alien grenade launcher to return from Opposing Force, damn i loved that thing.

*stroking animation*

Thinking of the old Op Force weapons, barnacle gun would probably feel awesome to use in the source engine.

It almost reminds of the glitch that occurs when you shoot the headcrab off the black guy when the rebel outpost is shelled.

I couldn't have just one... I am weapons fanatic. While I have never really fired a gun ( too young still to buy one and i dont know any one who has one ), nor do i know all the names of guns out there, I love a game that gives you tons of weapons and addons to pick from. while I feel pretty content with half lifes weapon choices, another new weapon wouldn't hurt and i feel its one game that doesn't need a lot of weapons ( this is where I feel Call of duty 4 could have used improvements in its MP mode ). I would personally like have some kind of rifle weather it be automatic, semi auto, or burst fire. I want a rifle with out a scope that will be less accurate then a sniper rifle, but easily more accurate then the AR2.

on the sci-fi side, I wouldnt mind havning any one of the creative weapons thought up by the insomniac team ( they developed the ratchet and clank series as well as the new Resistance fall of man ) Any one who as played either of those games knows there are some created weapons in that companies minds.

i found it fun to pin enemys up with the crossbow.

umm.. lets see, one weapon...

nah, i like all the weapons.

I want a rifle with out a scope that will be less accurate then a sniper rifle, but easily more accurate then the AR2.
I'd settle for an accuracy increase for the AR2.

The AR2 is meant to represent all of the best elements of human assault rifle designs put together and modified to support the Combine's ubiquitous pulse ammunition. For an assault rifle designed and built with Combine technology (which is more advanced than ours in almost every aspect), it's ridiculously inaccurate, even if fired in short bursts. I suspect this resulted from:

A) Ignorance on the part of Valve's weapon designer/designers about what an assault rifle is supposed to be.
B) Their unwillingness to make it as accurate as it should be for fear of making it overpowered.

The latter is most likely, imo.

As anyone who's played MINERVA on hard knows, Adam Foster tweaked the AI's accuracy with the Pulse Rifle so that even at medium range and beyond, they have little trouble hitting you. The result? Overwatch soldiers armed with AR2s tend to surpass in deadliness even those with shotguns. And Elites? They're even more dangerous.

Personally I loved Xen itself and the weapons that came from it even thought they were crappy/underpowered/often backfired so on and so forth I think they should bring back re-balanced versions of those like higher capacity and faster rate of fire on the hive gun longer range on snarks maybe the snarks identify you as a friendly no matter what that way if no ones around they just run off and blow up at a safe distance, they really should make that explosion more powerful too. All in all I want more Xen weapons that are actually useful! And I want to return to Xen!!!

As for a new a new weapon I'd add I'd want a portable warp cannon for massive destruction, gotta love what those strider's do with them. And then I'd want a really intense flame thrower . . . maybe modify the idea of a cremator to be some sort of special opps combine that have plasma throwers so that when you kill one you get the gun, give it a nice medium range with good damage but make it eat through ammo fast so that you don't get reliant on it.

AR2 is really accurate for a assault rifle
Uh, no, it isn't. An assault rifle should be reasonably accurate out to at least 250m, the AR2 is so inaccurate hitting a watermelon at 150m would be a challenge, and you'd likely have to go through half a magazine to do it.

And here are some fun numbers about real assault rifles.

Weapon - Effective range

STG-44 - 300m
AK47 - 300m
M16A2 - 550m
H&K G36 - 800m

In fact, the real-life MP-7 PDW (the weapon the HL2 SMG is based on) has an effective range of 200m, meaning that if the SMG had the accuracy of it's real life counterpart, it could easily out-shoot the AR2.

Of course, all my claims about the watermelon are just rough estimations, since there's no way I know of to measure distance in HL2, but you get the idea. :cheers:

I'd do a weapon range test in Gmod to see how good the AR2 shoots.

I'd settle for an accuracy increase for the AR2.

The AR2 is meant to represent all of the best elements of human assault rifle designs put together and modified to support the Combine's ubiquitous pulse ammunition. For an assault rifle designed and built with Combine technology (which is more advanced than ours in almost every aspect), it's ridiculously inaccurate, even if fired in short bursts. I suspect this resulted from:

A) Ignorance on the part of Valve's weapon designer/designers about what an assault rifle is supposed to be.
B) Their unwillingness to make it as accurate as it should be for fear of making it overpowered.

The latter is most likely, imo.

As anyone who's played MINERVA on hard knows, Adam Foster tweaked the AI's accuracy with the Pulse Rifle so that even at medium range and beyond, they have little trouble hitting you. The result? Overwatch soldiers armed with AR2s tend to surpass in deadliness even those with shotguns. And Elites? They're even more dangerous.

A theory for that could be that humanity may have been the first species to use such a weapon and thus the combine don't have experience in making them.

I'd pick a portable rail gun that launches metal balls at supersonic speeds. It would be slow firing with 2 second reload times and a low ammo limit, have perfect accuracy (but no scope) and generate a massive shock wave that kills everything it touches. It would also send dust and earth flying in all directions on impact.

Back