Pilotable Strider Alpha Mod 0.2 Released

All major bugs will be fixed in next version, don't worry. This is an alpha version of the mod. Sorry for the bugs.

Thanks a lot for all your greetings.

Great mod! And I'm quite sure you're the first serious singleplayer mod. Congratulations :)

Suggestion: maybe you could make it a mod from the Combine point of view? So you could fight resistance, who can use rocket launchers (is the slow rocket bug going to be fixed btw?).

Christ, every time I spawn a strider the game lags like crazy. And this is first time HL2 lags...

Raawr said:
I got a suggestion.
Make it so that you can steer the strider with the mouse like in halo you could with the buggys and other vehicles.

Sooo, if you point to the right with the aim the strider will turn right untill he's right in front of the aim thingy.
easyer to steer.

Raawr, Interesting suggestion. PERSIONALLY, I like how it is like a tank. Your feet move one way but you can control where you look/shoot.

If you think about how a Strider walks I think it does not make sense having to move the feet to aim left and right. It has three legs. All those small steps just to make fine movements--not very effecient. But turning your head up/down and left/right, independant of the tripod feet, makes a lot of sense for percision.

Just my thoughts.

Quartz--In the readme could you make a list of suggested maps that work/play well with this mod?

This is nice mod.

I'm loving it.

Only thing though. Their should be a cool down on the Antimatter cannon. Maybe every 25 seconds or something.

Back