Pilotable Strider Mod 0.3.1 released

A

Azlan

Pilotable Strider mod puts the player in the seat of a Strider, a helicopter, an apc, and a sniper rifle. They have released their newest version, changes include:
  • Fixed Strider "climb buildings" bug
  • Fixed Target ID HUD
  • Fixed Strider weapon-damage bug
  • Fixed strider cannon bug when player exits vehicles
  • Fixed Strider respawn (No more strider mod without striders).
  • Fixed Dedicated server problem with models and sounds.(Now you can use this mod in your source dedicated server).
    [br]</br>
  • Added Combine APC
  • Added Combine Helicopter
  • Added Sniper Rifle (AWP).
    [br]</br>
  • New ConCommands:
  • sv_killStriders: Kill all striders in-game and respawn.
  • sv_killhelicopters: Kill all helicopters in-game and respawn.
  • sv_killApcs: Kill all APC's in-game and respawn.
[br]

[br]Download from here or
here.

The strider is so difficult to control
maybe a second targeting crosshair for direction would help

I actually really like this mod. It's random, it's fun. The controls are a little difficult, but with a little practice, it's quite natural.
Although, the Chopper should have a quicker reload rate for its bombs.

-Angry Lawyer

I'll take a look when i get home from work i think ... i certainly like the idea of getting into a strider and blasting everything in sight ;)
put that panzer away n00b and let me kill you lol ;)

The mod is quite fun, though its vague on how to control the vehicles. Going to their website is a joke, because its all in spanish, even when you click on "change text to english."

I give it a 6 out of 10, because of the lack of documentation, and maps. Yes I know its not a final release.

Renaming sdk_vehicles.vmf to str_large and makin a bsp of it, is what im talkin about, and some of the maps are too small, unless you like moving through objects.

The lack of documenttation left me confused, over weather the helicopter actualy lifts off the ground or not, and what the keys corrispond to.

As of now you pretty much are on your own muckin around with it , unless you speak or read spanish.

Keep up the good work, im confident that it will be a great mod.

Back