Pinball problem

Mint_Sauce

Reaction score
I've got a really frustrating problem with my pinball deathmatch map. I've made the flippers and the ball, what should happen is when the ball touches a flipper, the flipper activates sending the ball flying. My problem is that the ball won't activate the flipper no matter what. I can walk up and touch the flipper and it activates killing me (that's fine) but it's just the sodding ball!!! Anyone know how to make a physics object activate a rotating door (what I used to make my flipper). I've been trying all sorts of things for hours so any help would be awesome :cheers:

you might be able to set up some sort or trigger. like when the ball enter a certain area really close to the flipper, the door (flipper) opens? I'm pretty srue thats possible, but I can't check right now.

I tried setting up a trigger using a nodraw box but that doesn't work either. Works on me but the ball won't trigger it :(

Check the flags of the trigger - I'm pretty sure they can be set up so only the player, an NPC, an entity, or all at once, or seperately, can activate the trigger.

I've got the flags set to "everything". I also tried just phys objects and various other flags but none work. Any other ideas?

are you using a trigger multiple? might be the problem? and have you named the entity and told the outputs etc. what to do when that moves into the area.

Here's the setup :D I haven't created anything in any of the inputs or output tabs.

overview.JPG

door%201.JPG

door%202.JPG

nodraw%201.JPG

nodraw%202.JPG

ball%201.JPG

ball%202.JPG

ok, hope that helps! I've been on this problem for the last 14 hours!! :( :bonce:

what about a trigger_multiple that triggers on physics too?

ok, i've done it!!! W00t!!! I played around with outputs on the nodraw box and it now works!! Hurrah! :D Thanks for everyone's help!

Nice idea for a map actually. Hope you finish it and release it.

Back